Impact Orange LJ - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #1231
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
And I picked these half door window sliders up this weekend and love them already. The fit the hardtop perfectly. I now have 2 sets of black upper regular windows for sale. Let me know if you need a set. Both sets are basically brand new.
the upper sliders look great man. PM sent about the regular ones for sale

BLACK04WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #1232
lavern23
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Comparing a tractor or semi tire to this is like comparing a heavy shipping cardboard to a piece of paper in regards to just how much material there is to work with.
I referenced to those types of shoppes because they have the equipment to do these types of repairs when compared to your car tire type store.

Just making a recommendation from past experience.
lavern23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #1233
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just looked through all the photos of the jeep and I think that this covers the history pretty well.

Unread 12-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #1234
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty cool to see the progression of the rig!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #1235
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Pretty cool to see the progression of the rig!
Thanks. That is how I felt too. It was a bit weird seeing it all one color.
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #1236
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Went wheeling locally to the spot we usually hit on New Years Day. My rig walked up everything I pointed it at and was pretty happy with a nice easy ride. Perfect 60* degrees.... overcast, just a great day to ride.

Unread 01-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #1237
gtxracer

Nice build, looks great with the black grill and the fiberglass hood.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #1238
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did you measure for the diagonal yet ?
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #1239
jeepsteads
2005 LJ Wrangler 

god that hood looks so sick, makes me want one but i have 3" currie springs running 33's right now and all i ever want to run is 35 so i think that would be a bit much for me.... love the jeep cant wait to see it completely painted that would be sick
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #1240
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
Nice build, looks great with the black grill and the fiberglass hood.
Thanks man. I am a fan of stock looking sleepers in all forms of vehicles and figured this was the best way to achieve it for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Did you measure for the diagonal yet ?

Do you need the angle where the third strut would hit the firewall? I guess your engine compartment would have the same approximate angle at that point. My concern is where the 3rd strut would cross over my air intake tube. It might need to bent or something to go over it.... But I can just turn the tub or something. As it is right now, the intake tube is just cantilevered out there (which hasnt cause a problem yet), but I will probably make a support off the new strut. Anyways, thoughts? The overall measurement probably needs to be something like 50"+ (without drilling out the holes). Were you planning to "taper" the ends like before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsteads View Post
god that hood looks so sick, makes me want one but i have 3" currie springs running 33's right now and all i ever want to run is 35 so i think that would be a bit much for me.... love the jeep cant wait to see it completely painted that would be sick
Thanks man. 3" and 35s would leave you quite a bit of room for uptravel with the hood but could look nice. The hood would be in the paint shop right now except for a little snaffu that I ran into... Now I want to do a few little tweeks to it. But I plan on getting it painted very soon. I can't wait either.

I replaced a lower control arm bolt (frame side rear lower) that appears to have sheared off the nut after the last ride. That rear end was shaking like a polaroid picture... Now back to dd duties.

And one picture I really like from a parking garage photoshop the other day with the next to me bike rack after the new years trail ride.

Unread 01-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #1241
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Do you need the angle where the third strut would hit the firewall? I guess your engine compartment would have the same approximate angle at that point. My concern is where the 3rd strut would cross over my air intake tube. It might need to bent or something to go over it.... But I can just turn the tub or something. As it is right now, the intake tube is just cantilevered out there (which hasnt cause a problem yet), but I will probably make a support off the new strut. Anyways, thoughts? The overall measurement probably needs to be something like 50"+ (without drilling out the holes). Were you planning to "taper" the ends like before?
I will compare your measurement to mine , and if they are similar I will build it to fit but leave the radiator side undrilled . I think the tapered ends look nice , and they recess the hardware . How much of a rise is there over the air intake ?
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #1242
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I will compare your measurement to mine , and if they are similar I will build it to fit but leave the radiator side undrilled . I think the tapered ends look nice , and they recess the hardware .
That sounds great.

Quote:
How much of a rise is there over the air intake ?
Don't worry about this. I will rotate the intake to fit, them bend a piece of flat to use to stabilize the intake.
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #1243
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Mike, with your open inner fenders, might I suggest you look into the Windstar cowl intake. Also gets you back to a good paper filter.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #1244
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not much orange left on that Heep
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #1245
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Mike, with your open inner fenders, might I suggest you look into the Windstar cowl intake. Also gets you back to a good paper filter.
I have look into that Chris as well as the spectre cowl intake too. I was going to do one of those til MCannon suggested this, which he runs as well. Even with the open fenders I have yet to get a lot of dirt or mud in the engine compartment. I get some on the firewall and underside of the hood but none on the block so far, even at the LCC/SI where I did not avoid mud like everyone else. I do need a prefilter and have been meaning to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
Not much orange left on that Heep
I haven't touched the cowl, windshield frame or tailgate.... But someone is trying to buy my tailgate already.

Going with this one to replace it once I can paint it. (warms up)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.