Impact Orange LJ - Page 80 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #1186
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Fair enough , as long as your happy with the deal thats all that matters . I am liking the soft doors enough to consider selling the hard doors but I think I will just put them in the attic for now .
I thought about that idea too, but I seem to collect doors. Remember I have the CJ doors that just need some new skins. Already had the 2 piece soft ones too and I spend most of my time with the doors off. Haha. And this weekend I saw a set of custom made doors similar to redliner's and now want some as well. All that is left after that is aluminum such as the savvy, moab fab or custom.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #1187
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like the idea behind DV8s doors that use a stock upper , and I just so happen to have a 5' by 5' piece of aluminum left over from my tonneau project .
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #1188
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I like the idea behind DV8s doors that use a stock upper , and I just so happen to have a 5' by 5' piece of aluminum left over from my tonneau project .
I guess I missed their press release on the doors aka I haven't seen them yet.

These are the ones I saw this weekend.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1189
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I want to go back already....

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 11-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1190
csc033
1997 TJ Wrangler 

@1:53 "I cant believe my U Joint survived that
csc033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #1191
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csc033 View Post
@1:53 "I cant believe my U Joint survived that
Haha. My dad noticed it last night when I finally showed it to him. I guess I was wrong.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #1192
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like I made reel 1 of 5 in the highlights. But this should give you all a better look at the part and levels of the comp.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #1193
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

cool video. thats a pretty gnarly drop and it looks like it surprised most haha
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #1194
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Cool video but my question is did the KKK win?
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #1195
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
cool video. thats a pretty gnarly drop and it looks like it surprised most haha
Yeah. There were a few guys who went first and second who didnt know or notice the undercut and rolled forward enough to need to pull cable.... It was great to watch from far below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
Cool video but my question is did the KKK win?
They won the cup they were holding... til next year. The event is the LA Club Challenge. The points are added up from all the entrances (points based on score) and highest club score overall wins. KKK is the newest guys on the block and won the cup from the un-club who has had it for 2 years now. I dont have a dog in the fight as I dont have any club affiliation but was camped beside KKK and they helped and let me borrow tools all night... So I am glad they won their first real appearance at the LCC.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 12-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #1196
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I thought the 4.0L could use a bit of power additive this morning. This is what I saw when I went to work this morning.

On a serious note, I LOVE HALF DOORS! It is so nice to be able to remove the uppers in no time and always have an arm rest in the correct spot - unlike full doors. As soon as I sell these brand new uppers that came with the doors, I will get some glass upper sliders or as I call them ferrairi windows. Plus, the half doors are slightly less wide (compared to full doors) which allows the slightly wider seats to fit perfectly.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #1197
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice vid man, Jeep looks good. Solid music choice as well, I've seen 10 Years like 6 times.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #1198
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Added some AEV coil dealios this weekend and reset the bumps since the poly 1" spacers completely failed in about 500 miles (no pictures but they just basically fell apart).

second flex.... pushing the joust in.

droop

I am sitting .5-1" taller in the rear than I was before. Maybe it will settle some more. Someone is coming is a few minutes to buy the old rear bumper/tire carrier. I figure once I put the tire back on the back of the jeep, it will sit level (or close enough for me).

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #1199
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't you have some of those before and sold them?
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #1200
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Didn't you have some of those before and sold them?
The set I had before was.... incomplete (at least compared to this one). I think this set it brand new.

See in the first and third picture above how it is a U bolt that wraps the frame. The set before used 2 bolts per side (3 were unusable) and a piece of metal to use as a strap to wrap the frame which was bent to sh*t for both sides. The previous set also didn't come with a 1" poly spacer (see second pic above) that allows to relocate the stock bumpstop to the height it is set on. I was able to mount the stock bump stop (before) but it was not in the correct place and the spring was very loose when it didnt have the vehicle's weight on it - which is why I removed the previous set and went to spacers. I replaced all the hardware in the first set and sold it on here for a lose. This new set up cost about half what the first one did and was delivered to me.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.