Impact Orange LJ - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 03-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #106
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

A little fun from yesterday.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #107
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got high centered this weekend. My 35"s in the back were not even close to touching the bottom of the hole. And the trees in front of me were to far away and too small to winch off of. Im glad I have friends with Jeeps because I went wheeling alone. But my friend knew exactly where I was stuck, because he got stuck there too.

Oh yeah, I pulled my rear inner fenders out too.

Next weekend, I am going camping at Sicily Island/ Catahoula Recreational Park in North Louisiana.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #108
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

sucks about the thief, but at least they didn't get anything. I've had two thieves get in my Jeep this year, one ripped the stock, locked glove box off and stole a rain jacket(not in the glove box), the other was in a parking garage at my school, parked in front of a camera with a police station at the bottom of the garage...they took my parking pass and then used it to park near me the next week, needless to say they were caught.

I don't leave my ins/registration in the Jeep when I park, unless I'm just running into the store, but I have my doors off pretty much year round.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #109
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
sucks about the thief, but at least they didn't get anything. I've had two thieves get in my Jeep this year, one ripped the stock, locked glove box off and stole a rain jacket(not in the glove box), the other was in a parking garage at my school, parked in front of a camera with a police station at the bottom of the garage...they took my parking pass and then used it to park near me the next week, needless to say they were caught.

I don't leave my ins/registration in the Jeep when I park, unless I'm just running into the store, but I have my doors off pretty much year round.
Sucks... But I am glad you caught the one who stole from you!

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #110
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw

Sucks... But I am glad you caught the one who stole from you!
Yeah, he was an idiot, he was caught on camera & then caught using it.

I guess its going to happen every now & then with a jeep.

BTW, I like the look of the bikini setup on your LJ
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #111
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Yeah, he was an idiot, he was caught on camera & then caught using it.

I guess its going to happen every now & then with a jeep.

BTW, I like the look of the bikini setup on your LJ
Thanks. It is actually quieter than my old top by 10-20 dbs depending on safari or bikini at 65mph.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #112
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just a little more wheeling and over night camping. Place called catahola rec park. We were the only ones in the whole park, besides the owner who showed us some new trails.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #113
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Had to change rear seals in the rear axle early last week before the Jamboree. I did not have time so I took it to a good local shop. They found bad wear from a seal on the axle shafts. So I had them put a yukon in one side. Ill do the other one soon.

Cajun JJ went well. Drove great there and back. Did the hard trail on day one and kept up with all the rest and the medium trail on day 2 and had a blast. A little sheet metal damage and a couple of broken mirror brackets. Very fun wheeling with people from all over, pennsylvania, florida, alabama, mississippi, kansas...

Mostly steep, short, tight hill climbs on day one and then we went to play in the creek bed. Day two was a lot of the same steep, short, tight hill climbs with a lot more mud and normal trail riding. Here is a few of the pictures I have.... Hopefully getting more of me later...

drivers meeting/departure

good down hill decent before lunch on day one

The shorter wheel bases where tipping forward on this one. And to give some perspective, I am standing about 10 feet higher than the actually ground.

first stuck in the creek bed

group on day one

one of my favorites..... trailered only

mirror damage on day two

and where it happened

mud climb on day two

Hopefully Ill get some more from other participants of me later...

Very fun and I will be going to another one.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #114
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

A few more...

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #115
possumbelly1
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I thought your favorite was the red TJ, stock on 31's?

At least my camera was working.
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #116
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry... I must have typed that wrong above...

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #117
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #118
phlod
2004 LJ Wrangler 

man u really got me wanting to get mine out. and start some fabrication on some bumpers and cage. love the lj
phlod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #119
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Love the western bullet rims on the Chief , they were pricey back in the day so you dont see many of them out there . Nice looking LJ too , though I am a little prejudiced
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #120
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlod View Post
man u really got me wanting to get mine out. and start some fabrication on some bumpers and cage. love the lj
Thanks. I have been meaning to address a few issues myself, but it is hard to do when there is so much wheeling to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Love the western bullet rims on the Chief , they were pricey back in the day so you dont see many of them out there . Nice looking LJ too , though I am a little prejudiced
Thanks for the comments on the two. I miss the chief, but it was way to big, but very fun to drive at 55.

Went to mudfest in central Louisiana this weekend. Only one picture, way to much mud to have fun in plus they had a very bad storm the night before which made it hard to drive around on the "roads". Still fun to go and watch others destroy their equipment.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.