Impact Orange LJ - Page 78 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 11-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #1156
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

2" lift with 35s beside a 4" lift and 33s. The great pumkpin (original coil spring owner and one of the other 2 IO TJs around) dropped off his gopro for me to figure out this week.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #1157
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wiring

Well, I would like to think I know what I am doing while playing with the little wires but...

The problem: the rocker switch has a indicator light on it (and I want it). When the switch has power coming to it, it is lit up. If I leave it as is and don't drive the jeep for a day, the battery will die.

I tried to install a fuse jumper like described on the page before off a keyed mini fuse. No matter which fuse I tried, the power light on the switch was lit up. Tried the fuses marked radio, power and fuel.

*** Or did I install the wiring backwards on the switch? Just now thinking about it, shouldn't the indicator light only light up on the switch when the item it control is on?***
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1158
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Well, I would like to think I know what I am doing while playing with the little wires but...

The problem: the rocker switch has a indicator light on it (and I want it). When the switch has power coming to it, it is lit up. If I leave it as is and don't drive the jeep for a day, the battery will die.

I tried to install a fuse jumper like described on the page before off a keyed mini fuse. No matter which fuse I tried, the power light on the switch was lit up. Tried the fuses marked radio, power and fuel.

*** Or did I install the wiring backwards on the switch? Just now thinking about it, shouldn't the indicator light only light up on the switch when the item it control is on?***
If its a 3prong switch like I'm thinking. A basic rocker switch. You have the wires reversed. There is 2 you need to switch around then it will only light up when the switch is in the on position

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #1159
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
If its a 3prong switch like I'm thinking. A basic rocker switch. You have the wires reversed. There is 2 you need to switch around then it will only light up when the switch is in the on position
Cool. Thanks. I was hoping it was something like that.

But it still doesn't make since that the switch was receiving the power since it was wired thru the fuses I mention above and the key was off.
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #1160
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Time to get out the multimeter. On my 98, the radio is keyed. On your 2005, it may be constant.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #1161
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Time to get out the multimeter. On my 98, the radio is keyed. On your 2005, it may be constant.
That is why I tested the fuel pump and the one marked "power". It really doesnt matter to much as wiring the switch correctly should solve the problem. Are you coming this weekend?
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #1162
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No, I wish. If only it were next weekend.
What switch are you trying to hook up? Got a pic?
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #1163
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #1164
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^ nice. Take the hard top to the next level and start using it as a cooking table.
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #1165
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can't sleep to excited. Got go pro on board footage and should have some Spector footage too (rumor is I got some air under the front end). The hardtop held the beverages but the tree stump just out of picture in what we cooked on and what I used for pounding on the u joint with. Oh yeah, I broke one.

Unread 11-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #1166
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You need one of these
image-2652553884.jpg

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #1167
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I so wish I could have made it down South . Look forward to the pictures ...
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #1168
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
You need one of these
I used something similar... But the thought crossed my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I so wish I could have made it down South . Look forward to the pictures ...
We have these comps every november and anytime you can make it, I will show you the southern rocks. The picture don't do the place justice but sadly, this place is an abnormality in my neck o the woods.

Chris, Matt, Court and I walked the course with another competitor which we couldn't figure out (sandy bottom and rock and roll), then we realize it was flat rock, so I went rock and roll which was badly dug out and wasn't as bad I as thought. I needed some spotting but gained a bunch of confidence in the rig.

Then the race. You might want to turn the sound completely off. Action starts at 50 seconds

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=y9zmpg-y4cQ

There is another video to go but I haven't seen it yet. The passenger u joint lost a cap and was broke by the time I got back to camp. Thanks again for co driving Chris.

The mod class was next. Some of you that read 4 wheeler mag might recognize this one.

After this, I screwed up the first u joint installation but lucky had a friend bringing a second one to camp that morning. Ended up using what I call a ball joint clamp and couple of sets of hands and was back together before the start of the next race (spectator). After that Tim (stretched CJ-5) and Steven (crazy FJ) went wheeling who are both on 39s.

This was coming around bus top.

And the group later that night. The FJ is orange and black too under the mud.

That is about all the pictures I took but I did see this little one. Notice the height compared to the jeep behind it. Built for a kid to match a much bigger crawler that the owner has. This one is on 31s, yota axles, Sami case and a 2 stroke. There was another tube rig on 35s that I could fit in but didn't get a shot.

After that, the last race happened. Then I parked my jeep to ride in the yota. Here is another shot crawling up the big ditch.... After we found the one and only mud pit on the property. We were both covered bad, you should have seen the looks we were getting from everyone.

The ceremony was that night. Turns out I won some hardware.

2nd on rti ramp in my class (stock mod), third in the race. 6 seconds off the leader. 2 seconds off the second place but I was in first when I finished which is why I got a bit loud. I received second over all with 13 total in this class

And then I tried to get a fall picture on the way home.

Unread 11-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #1169
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow dude that looks like a lot of fun. Going to try to make that one next year for sure.

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #1170
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a freaking blast. Makes me wanna come down and do it next year.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.