Impact Orange LJ - Page 77 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #1141
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

What did you ever decide about your front bumper? I just came across the UCF piece. You hack your front cross member off and then weld this bumper onto the frame rails. Sinks the winch down like you were wanting.

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1142
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
What did you ever decide about your front bumper? I just came across the UCF piece. You hack your front cross member off and then weld this bumper onto the frame rails. Sinks the winch down like you were wanting.
Thanks B and I have seen it. I really like UCF's jeep a lot. I like their piece and there was one other company that was posting on pirate that has something similar iirc. They are both nice but would need a bit added for the 8274 mounts. I really like how Taala 2's turned out. I am holding off on the idea for now but still plan on it sometime in the future.
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #1143
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing
That bumper also requires full hydro, as you have to remove your steering box mount. Or do a custom JK steering box.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #1144
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I REALLY like that.

I might have a bunch of Savvy stuff for sale soon (front and rear bumper and an exogate).

Just gonna throw the spare in the tub for now. I like the look of no spare.
Unread 11-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #1145
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix

That bumper also requires full hydro, as you have to remove your steering box mount. Or do a custom JK steering box.
Ah Jeeze how did I miss that

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #1146
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
I REALLY like that.

I might have a bunch of Savvy stuff for sale soon (front and rear bumper and an exogate).

Just gonna throw the spare in the tub for now. I like the look of no spare.
Gonna be watching for your sales.
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #1147
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Posting up because I need some help.

I just wired in everything for my warn 8274 thru the super winch control mechanism. Started the jeep and it worked perfectly going in. Then I tryed going out with no response and now going in won't work either. When I hit either but on the remote, I can here the mechanism clicking (I guess to send power to the motor of the winch but no movement on the drum. I removed the winch control box cover and made sure the connections weren't jumping (very close in the warn box with super winch mechanism) but it just response the same.

Edit: just figured it out. I had the ground attached to the wrong part of the motor and it was grounding the positive signal before te motor could respond (I guess). Appears to work find now.
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1148
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, after the winch was working I did a few more things to be ready for next weekend's wheeling.

Replaced all the hardware on the new bumper with grade 8
Removed stock rear flares
Aligned driver door
Fixed rattling glove box
Tightened every armor bolt

Then mounted passenger seat (driver had a rip which my mother is repairing). Used the mastercraft seat adapter bracket. Retained stock slider and cross brackets that needed trimming to work. Soon, I will get a set of harnesses and a cross bar behind the seats to mount them from.

The new seats are slightly wider or offset away from center...

I have been wanting to change the stock seats out since day one. Always hated how they feel. This new one is perfect for me. It isn't adjustable but does have the adjustable lumbar support. I believe they are mastercraft original seats.

Also finally got around to mounting the centramatic wheel balancers (haven't street tested yet).

Against my 16" steel wheels

I ended up flipping them around from this position.

And the leftovers so far. I got a bit grinder happy with the removal of the seat.

All the wheel weights that were on.

Unread 11-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #1149
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Centramatic wheel balancer update - awesome. About 90% less shake thru all speeds. Can't recommend enough.
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #1150
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Centramatic wheel balancer update - awesome. About 90% less shake thru all speeds. Can't recommend enough.
Hmmm good to know
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #1151
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got the driver seat installed yesterday and they feel great when driving around. Ill get some pictures later this week.

Does anyone know which fuses are linked to the key being turned on? I want to run a powered item off one that draws very little power. I did a search last night but did not find much.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #1152
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Radio fuse. You competing this weekend?
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #1153
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Radio fuse. You competing this weekend?
Which one is that? As to competing, I wouldn't bet against seeing me on the starting line at this point.

http://www.louisianaclubchallenge.co...attredirects=0
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #1154
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure, should have a legend by the fuse box or on the back of the glove box.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #1155
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Not sure, should have a legend by the fuse box or on the back of the glove box.
Thanks. I have been wanting to put my led bar on a keyed fuse and not worry about draining the battery for a while.

I should be at SI by thursday night or friday morning. My race is friday afternoon and I plan on running "the bowels" (the one Rudy ran last time with the gopro vid). A friend is giving me a gopro for the weekend too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.