Impact Orange LJ - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #1111
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw

Thanks. Already looking/planning for the next trip.

Thanks. Sh*t, I will be cutting mine out tonight for another fitment and sending the cad files. I don't know if you can cut this design but I have a back up plan, just let me know. I will give you a hint, they are complicated air holes.....
Hmmm...dimple dies? Sounds good.

Unread 10-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #1112
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
drive that thing to Marble falls and come wheel this weekend
Looks like I'm going to Broussard for the jeep jaunt and to maybe pick up a used part from another LJ owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Hmmm...dimple dies? Sounds good.
That is the back up plan..... Please excuse my ugly craftsmanship this morning but here is the rough idea.

I would move all the electrical stuff and the panel would be completely flat and in the same plane as the strut above. A piece for the grill and the firewall would be made and the middle piece would mount to those (you can see those two other pieces sitting on the engine in the first pic). The middle piece would be attached with some bolts and could be removed for cleaning or maintance. Now I need some opinions, should I continue or go back to the drawing boards?
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #1113
monsonman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like I'm going to Broussard for the jeep jaunt and to maybe pick up a used part from another LJ owner.
i'll leave those ATs outside for you

i like the inner fender design. creative but not too obnoxious i think, especially if you painted the inner fender a darker color. should also help get some heat out since you wont be putting the louver back on

RIP- '61 CJ5 on tons, coilovers, t-18 with granny 1st, dana 20 with 4:1, psc full hydro, 39.5" iroks on h1 beadlocks - TRADED FOR TJ

RIP-'79 CJ7 304 V8, twin sticked 20, 36" Iroks - SOLD

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-George Orwell
monsonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #1114
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
i'll leave those ATs outside for you

i like the inner fender design. creative but not too obnoxious i think, especially if you painted the inner fender a darker color. should also help get some heat out since you wont be putting the louver back on
It will be flat black like everything else, very small chance that it will be orange....
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #1115
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I could do that design...but it would take more time for my guy to program that which is more $$$. We'll chat once you send me the file. I think some simple little holes would look a little better but thats just me.
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #1116
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
I could do that design...but it would take more time for my guy to program that which is more $$$. We'll chat once you send me the file. I think some simple little holes would look a little better but thats just me.
Here is the original idea with dimple died holes.

Some ~1.5" holes across the top and two slightly larger ones just in front and behind the shock/spring tower.

I will send the files to you today and we can discuss after.
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1117
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

cool to see you got out and did some wheelin!

Are you against a solid inner fender with no holes? I just see those as a way for mudd and water to get into the engine bay.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #1118
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
cool to see you got out and did some wheelin!

Are you against a solid inner fender with no holes? I just see those as a way for mudd and water to get into the engine bay.
Yeah, it got me back into the jeeping spirits and was a good little run, already looking forward to the next one. I don't mind stuff getting the engine bay.... And it is open from below. The cleaning last weekend wasnt bad.

The inners are for some protection from large debris like rocks, engine noise baffling to others around while dd-ing (quite loud without), for something that will visually make it look finished (as opposed to seeing the engine all the time), unique and the holes will help with engine cooling. Mostly, I am looking for something unique and the cooling.

I am not opposed to no holes, but that is the last option. I have recently found a guy running the same hood with a similar louver to the one I had on it for a while without issues, so that might be an option too.
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1119
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Let me know! I might make it out there. It was pretty fun last year even though I went by myself lol.

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #1120
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Let me know! I might make it out there. It was pretty fun last year even though I went by myself lol.
Will. Be. There. Sounds like my jeep could look a lot different after this weekend.... and Beer
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #1121
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Chopped the cage down some to fit a hardtop on. After the seats are changed out, we will be adding more triangulation. This guy knows what he is doing and we will be doing business for a while. He met me at work, picked up the jeep on his trailer, took it to his shop, did the work, and returned it before I got off work. I know it isnt a lot of work but I was happy with the service.

before

now

You can see the bases on the bottom of the tube that was removed off the rear. He drilled thru the base so it wouldn't collect water, but it will be completely removed later when the cage is pulled after the next round of the cage.

welds

Unread 10-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #1122
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Build a cage like this... It's bada**
image-4045442389.jpg

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1123
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Build a cage like this... It's bada**
It will be similar. Haven't decided yet but between these three LJ cage ideas...
Probably just pull a bit from each, but we will see when we get there.

Rokmen's freak

Crawl's LJ

Savvy's blackhole

I like the unobstructed bed and the double tube from B pillar to C pillar on Rokmens along with the X in the B pillar and the side profile proportions are very nice. I like the CJ-esque down sloping bar on the crawl rig but dont want to have that much tubing and the spare tire location is pretty ideal too. I like the X bracing in Savvy's LJ and the aluminum tonneau they create.... just my thoughts currently.

I know the work I had done yesterday will be removed with any of the ideas shown above, but I need the work done and wanted to see how good this guy is.
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #1124
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That freak cage is the greatest...
kyle_craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #1125
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
That freak cage is the greatest...
Agreed.

Just sent you an email mike.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.