Impact Orange LJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #91
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

After the first week of no doors and top, I added my doors and drove to the store Saturday morning. Before getting out I look over at the glove box and it looks like this.

The top on the frame of the after market locking glove box has been bend bad kind of looks likes some idiot stuck a screwdriver or pry bar in threw the top and tryed to jimmy it open and the lock appears to have messed with.

They didn't get it open but did dent up my small cb pretty well. Thankfully they did not get my registration or other paperwork. I ordered a new glove box and put my doors and top back on.

Sunday, I go out to remount the cb to test it and see if it works. While cleaning out my floor board I removed the front half of the center console and found this. The cable was cut and I never thought to look under here before. This picture is after I mounted the handheld part to the passenger side of the console. There was a hole there. I guess this is where the PO had it mounted too.

After i saw this, I wired it up and works. I still have the old one that was in the glove box as a backup, I guess. Still need to get another antenna to tune it... Anyway, until the glove box comes in, this is how the cab looks.

I cleaned up the wiring in this picture too.

And added these washers. Worked perfectly. No rubbing on the lower ca now.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #92
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I hate a thief.
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #93
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Someone stole my bright yellow DeWalt compressor right from INSIDE my garage after only going inside for a few minutes a few weeks back. I live in a decent neighborhood and the garage is about 40' from the sidewalk. MAJOR balls on whoever did that...
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #94
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I hate a thief.
Yeah. Me too. A bad decision on their part and 5 minutes out of their life takes 1 hour, 60-70 $ and piece of mind from mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
Someone stole my bright yellow DeWalt compressor right from INSIDE my garage after only going inside for a few minutes a few weeks back. I live in a decent neighborhood and the garage is about 40' from the sidewalk. MAJOR balls on whoever did that...
Kinda makes you paranoid. And yeah that is crazy.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #95
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also, saw this while i was greasing the front end.... Is this something I need to deal with soon? Axle side of the lca driver side.

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #96
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had one work itself loose. The other axle bushing on mine was removable without any tools it was so loose. The bushing was really tight but was loose in the housing. I replaced mine with the JJ kit.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #97
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I had one work itself loose. The other axle bushing on mine was removable without any tools it was so loose. The bushing was really tight but was loose in the housing. I replaced mine with the JJ kit.
Do you have a link to the kit. I have heard of this being helpful especially with DW. My concern is the installation. I am not the most talented mechanic and very limited on help.

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #98
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Do you have a link to the kit. I have heard of this being helpful especially with DW. My concern is the installation. I am not the most talented mechanic and very limited on help.
Here ya go, I heard recently it was on backorder. If it was they should have them out soon because they sell a lot of these. The install is pretty easy, you have to get the rubber bushing out in the spot where yours is loose and cut the metal bushing housing on the other axle mount. The bushing housing is cut roughly in half and the pillar that comes with the kit is welded in its place.

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/product...6&categoryId=2

I welded a small strip of metal across the front of my bushing pillar on the passenger side but it is not needed.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #99
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well at least, it appears that you do not have to remove the axle from under the Jeep.... Can this wait a few weeks, or is the bushing/joint going to work its way out at 60 mph hour one day?

Unread 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #100
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know the feeling when some A-Hole breaks into your Jeep. I had mine broke into about 2 years ago right outside my house. It was only on the street for about 5 hours. I still haven't fixed my dash from where they ripped it apart.
79 Harley Lowrider
12 Caravelle Interceptor 232 Ski Boat

Build Thread

Razorback Rebuild
razorback84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #101
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback84 View Post
I know the feeling when some A-Hole breaks into your Jeep. I had mine broke into about 2 years ago right outside my house. It was only on the street for about 5 hours. I still haven't fixed my dash from where they ripped it apart.
Sucks. I hope those people get theirs.

While doing a steering test today, I discovered this.

Looks like the seal is bad. I checked the fluid level and it was at the top of full.

Unread 03-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #102
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced the glove box and soft half top. 2003 wraparound and bikini for a tj. Fit perfectly.

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #103
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, removed a few things this weekend.

No swing out, no rear seat belts. Tonneau on the way along with winch line. If you asked me a week ago what made a jeep a jeep, it would be a winch, removable top, lift and rear swing out tire. But after hauling a trailer this weekend a couple times, I am going to try this set up for a while. Spare tire is in the "bed". What do you think?

Unread 03-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #104
jeepobessesion

love the rig i painted my yj orange cause its beautifull
jeepobessesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #105
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepobessesion View Post
love the rig i painted my yj orange cause its beautifull
Yes It is my favorite too. Soon to have little bit more black also.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.