After the first week of no doors and top, I added my doors and drove to the store Saturday morning. Before getting out I look over at the glove box and it looks like this.
The top on the frame of the after market locking glove box has been bend bad kind of looks likes some idiot stuck a screwdriver or pry bar in threw the top and tryed to jimmy it open and the lock appears to have messed with.
They didn't get it open but did dent up my small cb pretty well. Thankfully they did not get my registration or other paperwork. I ordered a new glove box and put my doors and top back on.
Sunday, I go out to remount the cb to test it and see if it works. While cleaning out my floor board I removed the front half of the center console and found this. The cable was cut and I never thought to look under here before. This picture is after I mounted the handheld part to the passenger side of the console. There was a hole there. I guess this is where the PO had it mounted too.
After i saw this, I wired it up and works. I still have the old one that was in the glove box as a backup, I guess. Still need to get another antenna to tune it... Anyway, until the glove box comes in, this is how the cab looks.
I cleaned up the wiring in this picture too.
And added these washers. Worked perfectly. No rubbing on the lower ca now.