Impact Orange LJ - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 06-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #901
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Whats the measurement to your frame rail ?

Unread 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #902
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
looks great love the stance

you arent concerned with your wheelbase being too long if you go down another inch?
Thanks. I am not sure yet about the going down another inch vs getting hung up more. It was just my personally plan to be at 1" of lift with 35s. Right now I am at 2" (1" body and 1" spring spacers). The front stretch (probably tnt) is what I have thought about since Bennett did his. I think the LJ wheel base is pretty good how it is but would like the better approach angle among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
What do you mean? Are you talking about track bar mount to frame rail?

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #903
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
What do you mean? Are you talking about track bar mount to frame rail?
I think he is asking what the height is from the ground to the bottom of the frame rail .

I thought you had more lift ... that hood sure makes a lot of room for tire .
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #904
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I think he is asking what the height is from the ground to the bottom of the frame rail .

I thought you had more lift ... that hood sure makes a lot of room for tire .
Wow. Monday morning..... I will get it after work gspup. And GB, there is like 12" from top of tire to bottom of hood. Lots of room.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #905
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow. Monday morning..... I will get it after work gspup. And GB, there is like 12" from top of tire to bottom of hood. Lots of room.
Haha I kow the feeling...It's 10 am and I just realized I should open my work email...

Yes, what beasley said...from the ground to bottom of the frame rail...I'm just curious. I'm at 17".
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #906
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha I kow the feeling...It's 10 am and I just realized I should open my work email...

Yes, what beasley said...from the ground to bottom of the frame rail...I'm just curious. I'm at 17".
In post 670.....
old ht to frame (just in front of xcase skid) 20 5/8"
with 1" 16"

now with 2", I assume 17" but I will get a measurement tonight.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #907
bmosing

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the vote brother

Your rig is lookin' hot too

My Jeep: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...ed-tj-1294481/
bmosing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #908
KickRock
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I think this is a great post and wish that I could do half the things you have done to your LJ to mine.

Last edited by KickRock; 06-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Wording
KickRock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #909
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
17.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Thanks for the vote brother

Your rig is lookin' hot too
So is yours. Can't wait to wheel with yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickRock View Post
I think this is a great post and wish that I could do half the things you have done to your LJ to mine.
Thanks man. It means a lot.

Well, the only thing I didn't do yesterday was refill the front diff. Did that tonight, verified all the bolts were tight. And hit the road. Get to the end on the block and the pedal wet down to the floor. I forgot to throw on the brake cap, good thing it was just sitting there where I left it. Drove around for 20 minutes, got up to 45ish and it drove better than any jeep I have ever owned. Just as I was feeling on top of the world and about to shift into 3rd, grrrrrrrrrrrinding from under the hood. Noticed it was only under acceleration, after it happened a second or third time, I pulled over and the fan shroud had cut one of the zip ties holding the overflow bottle in place. It made the loud noise only when the engine was torqued under revs. Made it home to discover this.

Just a few scuffs but no real damage and was still holding a good bit of liquid after driving 3-4 miles home. I'll get a new one and possibly a rad shroud too soon. Just after pulling the bottle, the rain started coming down like no one's business so I might try to install it in the morning.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #910
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to see I'm not the only one with stuff sitting in the bottom of their overflow bottle.
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #911
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did some urban flexing yesterday and the frame side JJ (guessing) mount on my JKS trackbar is contacting the front of the dif cover. I have been looking and reading the "does your trackbar hit your dif cover for 0"-3.5"" thread. It looks like I have a friend in town that has a stock replacement track bar that I might try, but eventually I will probably try or get the metalcloak one or the clayton relocation bracket and there bar (it mounts in double shear, not that it has been a problem up to this point) or get a double shear bracket and get real custom..... which is the last choice at the moment.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #912
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, MC is out of stock on their track bars.... I guess selling like hot cakes. I might try to get stock replacement tho, my buddy who thought he had one was mistaken. I am checking with another.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #913
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, MC is out of stock on their track bars.... I guess selling like hot cakes. I might try to get stock replacement tho, my buddy who thought he had one was mistaken. I am checking with another.
I have a Currie/JKS and nothing hits , have you considered it as an option ?
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #914
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I have a Currie/JKS and nothing hits , have you considered it as an option ?
That is what I have too. I hit the dif cover but it is very faint. I am more concerned with hitting the jj housing on the JKS TB which is what is happening. I can shorten the arms about 1/4" but I am banking on the smaller heim joint that MC is using on their TB.

Either that or using the Clayton kit which moves the TB frame mount forward and unfortunately downward.

I will try to post a picture tonight.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #915
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is what I have too. I hit the dif cover but it is very faint. I am more concerned with hitting the jj housing on the JKS TB which is what is happening. I can shorten the arms about 1/4" but I am banking on the smaller heim joint that MC is using on their TB.

Either that or using the Clayton kit which moves the TB frame mount forward and unfortunately downward.

I will try to post a picture tonight.
If it were to move forward and down wouldn't it make it a little more parallel with the drag link?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.