Impact Orange LJ - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #811
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

That knuckle looks nice and clean.

Should paint up so nice!

Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #812
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Sandblasted the knuckles.
You trying to out clean AndyE?
Sandblaster... Looking good BTW.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #813
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your trying to out clean Andy E ?
No competition here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
That knuckle looks nice and clean.

Should paint up so nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Sandblaster... Looking good BTW.
Yep, lets just say that we both got a good deal. I sand blasted a rear gold wing wheel for use of the machine. Here is he wheel in the oven baking the powder coat on while we talked about axle welding coming up.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #814
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The knuckles and cover turned out amazingly good ! Nice work at an even better price .
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #815
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The knuckles and cover turned out amazingly good ! Nice work at an even better price .
Thanks. I think they are pretty sooooweet too.

Went on a parts/ tool run this morning for everything I think I will need to finish, took 1.5 hours. And after going to 3 parts houses for a new inner axle seal for the d30, 2 told me there was no such part, 1 said they could get it in about 3 weeks, I went to a place that I rarely go to.... And they had one in stock for 4x times the cost the others had it for. Sucked, but I got the seal and now will need to figure out how to remove the pumpkin chunk out to install.

I did install the rear cover this morning and test out my new 90* air rotory tool - awesome. I cleaned up the driver side C to get ready for welding. Here is a shot of one of the many fitment test.

I am now in a holding pattern for one if not all of the following... Welder, ball joints, and u joints. I could work on the doors, but really need a welder for the next step on that too. Ball joints should arrive tues or wed and I hope to have the welding and painting done by then.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #816
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

man, nice work. really coming along
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #817
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsonman View Post
man, nice work. really coming along
Thanks. Got the welder in the shop and practiced for a few minutes at lunch but it really starts tonight. I have a bunch of scrap to practice on and have been watching videos for days, but nothing teaches better than experience.

Ball joints are out for delivery today and the steering boot should arrive tomorrow.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #818
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of welder are you welderin on? Me and B are about to start shoppin
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #819
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What kind of welder are you welderin on? Me and B are about to start shoppin
The one I am using is a Lincoln pro 135 mig which is what all the people i know have 180 or 140 or 135. The guy I borrowed it from (who's shop I am in) has a Miller that is larger than an ice box as well but using that would be a little over my head.

Got about 90% welded up on the driver side after practicing on similar metal for a couple hours before I ran out of light and needed beer (tonight I will have a few spotlights). There will be a lot of grinding and more welding soon.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #820
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made a little bit of progress over the last few days and am just about ready to move to the next step of pulling the gears and swapping the seals and painting the exterior of the axle. Also, started modifying the passenger door frame to fit as well.

More importantly the reason I could sleep last night, I have another Jeep project in the works..... And it is going to be a little DIFFERENT than any build I have seen on here. Starting with a TUB and GRILL..... Might be called something like: The Retired Crawler Cruiser or LCOG CJ5.5...... O and the tub is a CJ-5 stretched to a CJ-6 wheelbase, then beat and wheeled hard. A friend and I pulled the grill from a scrapyard before I owned my first heep so..... This has been on my mind for a while with no clear direction til earlier this year. I will not be able to start this next project until I get the LJ to a good point of wheeling with out breaking stuff every outing but you will see a build on it soon.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #821
monsonman

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Made a little bit of progress over the last few days and am just about ready to move to the next step of pulling the gears and swapping the seals and painting the exterior of the axle. Also, started modifying the passenger door frame to fit as well.

More importantly the reason I could sleep last night, I have another Jeep project in the works..... And it is going to be a little DIFFERENT than any build I have seen on here. Starting with a TUB and GRILL..... Might be called something like: The Retired Crawler Cruiser or LCOG CJ5.5...... O and the tub is a CJ-5 stretched to a CJ-6 wheelbase, then beat and wheeled hard. A friend and I pulled the grill from a scrapyard before I owned my first heep so..... This has been on my mind for a while with no clear direction til earlier this year. I will not be able to start this next project until I get the LJ to a good point of wheeling with out breaking stuff every outing but you will see a build on it soon.
i like the sound of this.
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #822
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
....Retired Crawler Cruiser or LCOG CJ5.5...... I will not be able to start this next project until I get the LJ to a good point of wheeling with out breaking stuff every outing but you will see a build on it soon.
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #823
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You must have too much time on your hands if you can have two Jeeps on the go.
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #824
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like its coming along nicely, how did the welding work out for you? Once you start welding you will find all kinds of projects to build or help friends out who do not know how to weld

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #825
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i like the sound of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
Me too guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remko View Post
You must have too much time on your hands if you can have two Jeeps on the go.
That is the truth. I would probably own more jeeps if I had a garage but I have been getting by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Looks like its coming along nicely, how did the welding work out for you? Once you start welding you will find all kinds of projects to build or help friends out who do not know how to weld
It is pretty good. I need to grind on it a little but I am basically done with the C gussets now and will hopefully be reassembling after the seal replacement and painting this weekend.

The old 5 grill I have had for years..

And the tub being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SeCzZimMg2g

He just bought a super nice buggy type chassis and had broke a d60 knuckle on this outing (last weekend or so). I am getting a set of knuckles off a guy on pirate and trading strait up for the tub. The frame is shot and the front end is completely broke since he jumped it but I might take that too just to keep the tub strait while it is waiting for reconstruction.

And it is orange and black... Imagine that.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.