Impact Orange LJ - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #796
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05 View Post
I am actually looking at getting a set like that for my LJ.
I guess there are truely no new ideas out there. Those look nice. If you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for those beauti's?

I bought mine in the condition they are in for a few reasons:
If this doesn't pan out, I'm only out $100 and time.
The lower and possibly upper radii towards the back side (side closest to the rear of the jeep) will need to be re-bent to fit the TJ door opening radius.
They came with bad skins, but can be used as templates
The door latches were originally for the early style CJ latches which were mounted high above the tub (possibly to the rool bar). These don't have those and I will be hopefully putting TJ soft door handles in via a welded sub structure so I don't have to have 2 latching systems.

That is just what I know from the limited research there is out there about swwapping CJ to TJ doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
If you want a safari top , I have a new in the box bestop with the header bar . I have looked at those older style doors and wondered how hard it would be to make them work , I am glad to see you are volunteering to be the guinea pig
I will probably take that safari top (no need for the header bar) in a month or two when I start on this project more.... Trying to get back on the road first.

Yesterday was very unproductive and a short time in the garage.

With the right tools and application of force, anything is possible, right? I used the air hammer, the biggest of the 3 pickle forks in the autozone kit and a 3 lb ball pin hammer on the knuckle and less than a minute later....

The boot on the driver tre has a little slit. Are these avaible locally, or do I need to call Currie for a replacement?

I didn't have my 1/4" driver sockets with me and I needed to run some errands. If you are wondering the sizes, the top ball joint is a 7/8" and bottom is a 22 mm sockets.

My Jeep specific ball joint spacers came in and I picked up the ball joist removal and installation tool. I think I will be servicing the rear diff while the jeep is in the garage too - The lube locker has bit the dust. Not bad for 2, almost 3 years of service.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #797
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I got a set of poly ones off Amazon, I'll look it up when I have a minute. Fit pretty good. Currie wants waaay too much $$ for theirs, plus the wait I'm sure is long.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #798
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Poly steering boots on currie tre?

I just ordered the spicer ball joints.... 3-5 days. I will be picking up the gussets sunday probably, then it is all on me to finish.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #799
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Energy suspension poly boots, cheap and holding up fine for the last few months fine. I just needed to use a ziptie on the boot to hold it on when I was putting the TRE back in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #800
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where'd you order the balljoints from?
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #801
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks Janesy.

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #802
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Where'd you order the balljoints from?
Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Dana-Spicer-Pr...cer+ball+joint

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #803
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, I should have said sooner but Woody (Forged) got my spicer ball joints for only $100.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #804
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Dang, I should have said sooner but Woody (Forged) got my spicer ball joints for only $100.
Well, there was some confusion on the previous order I placed with him (which was the first order ever) and is why I don't have the gussets in hand and now have to drive to Sicily this weekend which I was not going to do...... I haven't said anything to him about it but I am not happy about the situation at all. So, I will accept a $14 difference.

Unread 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #805
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, that's sucks. Yea, with only a $14 difference not that big of a deal.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #806
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Might just work with the right set of handles. The door is sitting a touch rearward since I didn't actually put in the hinde holes.

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #807
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The lower part of the door should fit , as YJ half doors will fit a TJ (with door catch mods) and they fit a CJ . Its the angle of the windshield and the rear corner that you will have to make some adjustments to .
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #808
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made a little progress today. Removed the knuckles and ball joints.

Upper go first. This is using the mopar adapters GB mentioned above.

Then lowers. It really helps to have a 4' breaker bar and room.

Then I removed the rear 44 cover because it either loosened up or the lube lower just gave out?? Because there was fluid all over the floor. Fluid was cleaner but I like to change the dif fluids on the same schedule.

Floating jeep

Then test fit the door on the passenger side. I removed the skin since that side's skin was pretty destroyed. Anyway, here is how it fits. I'm posting close pictures in case anyone else want to try. These should show exactly what needs to be changed.

Both of the 'z' hinges are going to hav to be cut off and welded in different positions.

Holding the door shut, the windshield is parallel.

Then problem area.

The rest is fine.

Unread 05-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #809
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sandblasted the knuckles and dif covers at a friends shop.

Unread 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #810
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Sandblasted the knuckles and dif covers at a friends shop.

Your trying to out clean Andy E ?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.