Impact Orange LJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Reply
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
So I was thinking the other day about the production numbers on LJs based on colors and rarity. I called jeep to see how many IMPACT ORANGE LJs were produced in 2005. Well, Jeep will not release this info because they claim they do not know..... Anyways, this is what I am thinking based on #s I found here on JF.

Production sold for the 04-06 LJ (by years)
2004 - 11,822 Unlimited
2005 - 7,450 Unlimited
2005 - 5,854 Unlimited Rubicon
2006 - 14,624 Unlimited
2006 - 6,742 Unlimited Rubicon

Totals:
33,896 - Unlimited
12,596 - Unlimited Rubicon
46,492 - Total

In 2005, there were only 11 colors to choose from. I know this is not the best way to figure this out, but it you divide 11 into the # of unlimiteds there were = you get 678. And this is based on there being the exact # of oranges as there are yellows and so on. And everyone knows there were not as many Impact Oranges produced as say a white or black or silver.

So I was thinking, the 2005 Sahara Rubicons are considered the rare 1 of 1000, but I would think mine is pretty rare too.

__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #47
Laredo-Alex
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 172
Hey, thanks for the # of sold unlimiteds. Do you have no central car registration in the US where you can get the current # of unlimiteds? I think that there are some lost since 2004 because of accidents ....... if you´ve got the current # of this great model it will be maybe much more rare than you thought!

In my country they don´t know the LJ unlimited. At the registration they looked at her and said "thats a TJ" Since a year i watch out for other unlimiteds. At the moment i know about 10 (ten!) of the lwb in my country ........ very, very rare but also expensiv if you find one
__________________
Proud member of the LJ-Family :) => 2005 LJ Rubicon - YES!
Laredo-Alex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #48
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo-Alex View Post
Hey, thanks for the # of sold unlimiteds. Do you have no central car registration in the US where you can get the current # of unlimiteds? I think that there are some lost since 2004 because of accidents ....... if you´ve got the current # of this great model it will be maybe much more rare than you thought!

In my country they don´t know the LJ unlimited. At the registration they looked at her and said "thats a TJ" Since a year i watch out for other unlimiteds. At the moment i know about 10 (ten!) of the lwb in my country ........ very, very rare but also expensiv if you find one
That is a lot more LJs than we have here......

From this weekend...
We took more videos than pictures but I don't have them. All I is the heep raising it's leg to pee.







__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #49
MarkNog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Millstone, NJ
Posts: 63
Loving the orange!
__________________
TJ on 35's
MarkNog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #50
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Went wheeling at the one of the local Military bases around for my friends first ride in his new-to-him XJ on 31s on Thanksgiving afternoon.







The next day..... I was driving to the big city when i feel a bad wobble at about 45 mph. I started slowing down when my back tire rollls past me. It appears that my lug nuts backed off, even tho I check them frequently (3 days before).



The carnage....





After the fix....



I had to replace my wheel studs and brakes. I went ahead and pulled the axles to see if they were bent, but did not appear to be strait still.

I hope it holds together now.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #51
4wdjeepguy
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Anderson, South Carolina
Posts: 1,662
That's the second time I've seen that happen. I'm always paranoid about my lugs now.
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #52
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05 View Post
That's the second time I've seen that happen. I'm always paranoid about my lugs now.
Me too.

Changed the post cat o2 sensors last week too.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
MarkNog
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Millstone, NJ
Posts: 63
How are those antirocks for onroad use when turning and accelerating?
__________________
TJ on 35's
MarkNog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #54
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNog View Post
How are those antirocks for onroad use when turning and accelerating?
It is fine. I still have mine set on the 4th setting and never changed it since. The only time I notice them at all on road is when you take a long curve while accelerating like on a on ramp to the interstate. I am a slow driver usually so I never feel the leaning much on turns. It is awesome offroad.

I definitely would recommend it for DD.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #55
contdevelop
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: , Republic of Texas
Posts: 556
Didnt your back wheel fall off on you CJ7 build also?
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Didnt your back wheel fall off on you CJ7 build also?
Yes and the front one off my Chief



Retaining clip stopped working mid flat tow. Axle shaft came out with it.



After owning it for about 1 week, on the first wheeling trip.... The alignment shop changed my castor/camber on this same tire two days before. Towed it to their place and the covered the damages.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #57
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Cut some bolts this weekend. Whoever built this cage originally, left no access to the nut on the windshield bracket for the cage. So when you tried to remove the bolts, the nut would free spin. Best/favor thing done to the Jeep so far.

__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #58
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,449
Did some wheeling while it was warm this weekend but do not have pictures back from others to post yet.

More importantly, I had a shop remove my wheel weights and add dynabeads (sp). Drove to work this morning and to my amazement, much improvement.

Before: 4th had a wobble, 5th had a lot of road noise and 6th had even more
Now: wobble in 4th is gone, nothing in 5th, but 6th has a lot of road noise (I assume it is less).

The shop put 8oz in each tire and I would recommend this if you have been thinking about or "throwing weights" like I have been lately.
__________________
'85 CJ-7 Renegade - sold
'79 FSJ Cherokee Chief - sold
'05 LJ "IMPACT" - bought in LA, current DD on 37s
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #59
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler
 
Sgt.Fuzz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,468
Nice rig.
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"]My build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/fuzzbucket-build-1126577/[/url][/COLOR]
Sgt.Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #60
Sgt_Utz
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
So I was thinking the other day about the production numbers on LJs based on colors and rarity. I called jeep to see how many IMPACT ORANGE LJs were produced in 2005. Well, Jeep will not release this info because they claim they do not know..... Anyways, this is what I am thinking based on #s I found here on JF.

Production sold for the 04-06 LJ (by years)
2004 - 11,822 Unlimited
2005 - 7,450 Unlimited
2005 - 5,854 Unlimited Rubicon
2006 - 14,624 Unlimited
2006 - 6,742 Unlimited Rubicon

Totals:
33,896 - Unlimited
12,596 - Unlimited Rubicon
46,492 - Total

In 2005, there were only 11 colors to choose from. I know this is not the best way to figure this out, but it you divide 11 into the # of unlimiteds there were = you get 678. And this is based on there being the exact # of oranges as there are yellows and so on. And everyone knows there were not as many Impact Oranges produced as say a white or black or silver.

So I was thinking, the 2005 Sahara Rubicons are considered the rare 1 of 1000, but I would think mine is pretty rare too.
And I have an '05 Impact Orange Rubi LJ, the rarest LJ model
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.