Impact Orange LJ - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #451
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I am curious as to how they will look loaded up with wire and accessories . You should see them Wednesday or so . My daughter is upset that I wouldnt let her paint them pink ...
That sounds like it. I can only do very little work in the afternoon after work it I'm sure it will be tried on by next weekend. Maybe they will be pink in the end.

Maybe your corners could be pink. That would be a nice contrast.

Unread 03-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #452
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post

Maybe your corners could be pink. That would be a nice contrast.
Touch`e !

At some point I will get them installed and painted beryl green . Lots of parts are piling up , I am sending my rig to Louisiana for installation.
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #453
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Touch`e !

At some point I will get them installed and painted beryl green . Lots of parts are piling up , I am sending my rig to Louisiana for installation.
Send the red one with it and you've got a deal.

Did you get full or short corners?
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #454
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, we started installing the ucf ultra high skid. Test fitted the belly skid fine (without the center Allen bolts attached) and added the engine skid which contacted the exhaust. Took it all apart and removed some of the engine skid material and painted. Also we marked where he material was needed to be removed from the stock muffler hanger/tranny mount.

Modified tranny mount

New lopro mount

Removed part of engine skid

After it was painted, we put the belly skid back on multiple ways. First we bolted the skid to the frame and couldn't get the new trans mount to get into shape. Then we tried bolting the skid to the trans mount first and the frame bolt holes would not line up. We did get the skid up high and noticed the tub was contacting in a few places.

Above the driver side on tc

Same shot, different angle

It also was contacting just above the 3rd cat. After we saw that, this fell out....

Then a hammer hit here and there.

After I removed the heat shield, I realized I couldn't jamb, hammer or manipulate the tub enough for what I was needing.

Them as we ran out of light, I was thinking: the skid will mount up to the frame but won't line up with the trans mount (with the exhaust hanger installed) and will line up with the trans mount, but them won't line up left to right. The exhaust is completely stiff in it's place. I think tomorrow we will mount everything up without putting the exhaust hanger in. If everything fit this way, I will take it to an exhaust shop to remove the third cat and reinstall the hanger and get the hangers height shortened after the jeep in on the road.

More tomorrow.
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #455
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tummy tucks are easy , right ?

If its any consolation I had to run a new exhaust from the cat back .

Quote:
Send the red one with it and you've got a deal.

Did you get full or short corners?
Red can be yours , credit cards are accepted . And I got the full corners , just need to get off my butt and install them . Right now they are making an excellent table for my Mac's air intake .
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #456
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tummy tucks are easy , right ?

If its any consolation I had to run a new exhaust from the cat back .
That is some good news. I will see if that is what needs to happen or if I just need to cut down the height of the exhaust bracket.

Quote:

Red can be yours , credit cards are accepted . And I got the full corners , just need to get off my butt and install them . Right now they are making an excellent table for my Mac's air intake .
Nice I thought you had them already. Who did you go with?
Unread 03-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #457
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, we got it installed without the exhaust hanger installed.

Clearances around he exhaust.

It only took quite a few ratchet straps.

Cat converter is just sitting on top there.

We also removed everything but the links off the rear axle. What are the things the top of the shocks called? This one is slightly tweeked but the other one is perfect. Do I need to replace them or can reuse and how do they get removed?

O, and since I don't have an enclosed work space and since my drill and grinder walked off sometime last week..... Everything will now be stored inside until it gets attached to the jeep. Honesty, I am just glad those are the only thing to walk away.

Unread 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #458
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also, the front transfer case drive shaft bolt was stripped and slightly loose before we started yesterday so I used a cutout wheel to remove it. How can I remove this?

And my front ar 'wing' is pretty twisted.

Unread 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #459
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is a bar pin , mine were bent from over tightening . I re used them and have had no issues .

You should be able to clamp some good vice grips to it and turn it out .
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #460
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Almost finished the front bumper modifications and worked on removing all the underhood junk. Got everything off from the passenger fender but that hard mounted ac evap line that is multi-bent might cause some problems since I wasn't planning on having anything that 'far out' from the body.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #461
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Almost finished the front bumper modifications and worked on removing all the underhood junk. Got everything off from the passenger fender but that hard mounted ac evap line that is multi-bent might cause some problems since I wasn't planning on having anything that 'far out' from the body.
Get the system evacuated and have a new line made locally .
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #462
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Get the system evacuated and have a new line made locally .
If the current one could just be rotated 90 degrees clockways (if looking at the front of the jeep) everything would be fine.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #463
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the hood mounted and finished the mods for the front bumper/light. I think the tire will sit a little further from the body in the end. And the hood is sitting a touch above where it will be in the front because the hood's fenders are contacting the top of the factory fenders. The hood had a few scratches and dings around the edges because the packaging came open in shipping.

Unread 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #464
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hood looks sick! And sounds like you got a solid list of parts coming in, subbed to see the end results!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #465
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The hood looks awesome .Are you going to cut the fenders along the blue tape ? Are do you plan on making a filler panel ?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.