Well the squeaking from above post has gone away. I was getting tired of the "CJ" style mirrors (always re-tightening the brackets and they shook so much at 50 mph or over) so I replaced them with some mirror re-locators. This has added 4" to the overall width of the Jeep. Also I added a cowl cover for a later mod I have in mind.
And yesterday, my friend decided it was time to take his 2011 4 door rubicon out for the inaugural run at local Camp Claiborne. It is a army/military camp from the 1940s that still has a lot of old structures and utilities from back in the day. A lot of offroaders use this place for camping and what have you.
The rubicon seems to handle everything Brian took it threw, but we will see better in the rainy season. I do not have as many pictures this time because we actually brought a real camera and another person who took a lot of pictures while we drove.
Coming in this afternoon, hood vents. I also have a aux fuse box that I need to install to get my ext lights, cb and rock lights back to working.
Great looking lj. Got a good starting platform when you found that dEal
Thanks. After new track bars, sway bars, steering, brakes and tires it rides ok. Still need better shocks and maybe some adjustable lower control arms to adjust the ride. Maybe new springs to lower it after a new set of fenders.
Originally Posted by Imped
That squeak is the centering ball, not a u joint.
Thanks. Is there something that I can do to alleviate the squeak if it comes back?
Did a little work this weekend. I unfortunately did not take the under hood temps before the install, but since my gauge has not climbed over 210 (usually happened if I tried to go over 70 on interstate).
It is from american rock rods and the finish is powder coat black. I like the finish and quality of the product even tho it took the company over three weeks to get it to my door from the date of order.
Pretty easy and straight forward to install, just check your measurements twice or more before cutting. My problem was that I could not get the hood off, broke two torx bits and the second one was stuck in the bolt head. So it took a little more time than I was hoping. About 4 hours, but I work slow and by myself. And cut the holes with a dremel.
I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before. Good looking rig!
Went wheeling again last weekend with Brian and his JKU. Do not have many pictures yet, but I did have my first real wet sand hill climb experience..... Fun
Got stuck about 1/3 of the way up after 3 or 4 attempts. The suspension just kept unloading and the tires were not cleaning at the speed they were spinning at. Probably would have kept trying but my seat belt would not come unlocked. The JKU did not even want to attempt the hill The hill was ~45 degree incline.
Might be the first time I have complained about these MT Kevlars. Although I am running them at a high air pressure.
Sunday - after the wash, painted and cleaned the beat up high jack - Now in IMPACT ORANGE
Oh and the windshield has been rattling for a while now. The bolts that attach the roll bar to the windshield frame are loose and appear to be stripped. So I guess that is what I will work on this weekend. Maybe I can fold the windshield down after this.....
After arriving, I had some problems with my xcase linkage. After that was fixed, I stared playing around, my rear ds started making a very loud clanking every time I was driving slow so I did not compete. It turns out the CV part of me ds is cracked or something. Anyway, it was a great event to attend and I plan on competing next time. Also, my LJ found out what it want to be when he grows up......