Impact Orange LJ - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #256
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
For what? To see how the ride is or something to do with the tcase. Either way, I do not know anyone with one. All I have is the old iPhone.

Out of town without the jeep this weekend. Spending some time on Bourbon Street to prepare for jeep surgery.
Time for some Hurricanes !

Unread 08-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #257
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well pulled this puppy out. The leak is not obvious to find. I think it is from the frontward electrical plug in that I am pointing out in the second to last picture.

I didn't want to clean the muck off yet just in case I could see where the leak is coming from. Unless someone notices something that I have not, I think I will clean it well and fill it up with fluid and turn it over to see where it is coming from. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, dropping the drivetrain down HELPED so much!!!!
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #258
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Cracked. Can this be welded back together?
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #259
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, tig welded and you will need nickel rod or something else very expensive if you want to do it 'right'

But I would just try some bronze tig rod. The area you need to weld isn't a high stress point really. And it depends in how well you can tig weld.
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #260
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That sucks that it is cracked . Clean the heck out of it before you try to weld it .
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #261
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Yes, tig welded and you will need nickel rod or something else very expensive if you want to do it 'right'

But I would just try some bronze tig rod. The area you need to weld isn't a high stress point really. And it depends in how well you can tig weld.
He can actually stick weld it easier.

OR, just replace the case half.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #262
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13

He can actually stick weld it easier.

OR, just replace the case half.
I don't know much other than what I've read about stick welding cast. So I recommend what I've done myself.

It seems 'easy' enough to stick weld cast, but I'm not sure of what type of welding he is capable of.
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #263
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

From my research, this is a cast aluminum housing that will need to be baked and welded. Found someone locally who will do it, but have not got a price yet.

Or Davey's Jeeps has a stock 231 with 42,000 miles for 150 plus shipping.... and then all I would have to do is swap the sye over.

Local 4wd shop said 205 plus shipping for a new front case half plus I would need about 60 in bearings....
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #264
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
From my research, this is a cast aluminum housing that will need to be baked and welded. Found someone locally who will do it, but have not got a price yet.

Or Davey's Jeeps has a stock 231 with 42,000 miles for 150 plus shipping.... and then all I would have to do is swap the sye over.

Local 4wd shop said 205 plus shipping for a new front case half plus I would need about 60 in bearings....
It's probably baked just to pre-heat, then welded. Not that hard unless you've never welded aluminum or cast before, haha. It's tricky.

Good luck getting that puppy fixed up.
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #265
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would buy the one from Davey's,...or check ebay for a low mileage complete T-case
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #266
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Found a local deal I couldn't pass over and she is back together and driving better. The longer front drive shaft has eliminated a noise and the wobble I had around 35-40. Drives better than before but still rough over bumps.
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #267
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Found a local deal I couldn't pass over and she is back together and driving better. The longer front drive shaft has eliminated a noise and the wobble I had around 35-40. Drives better than before but still rough over bumps.
Another 231 ?
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #268
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No, just another front plate from a local for free! He had a 231 minus the rear output assembly and let me rob what I needed (he is out of jeeps and into American Muscle). Just had to give him a hand with removing some stuff from his project for a couple hours.
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #269
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
No, just another front plate from a local for free! He had a 231 minus the rear output assembly and let me rob what I needed (he is out of jeeps and into American Muscle). Just had to give him a hand with removing some stuff from his project for a couple hours.
I always love those kind of deals cause you make a new friend every time!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #270
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
I always love those kind of deals cause you make a new friend every time!
new friends = more labor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.