Impact Orange LJ - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #211
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Found the bottom

'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #212
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yuck...
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #213
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Yuck...
The mud was about 6" lower than the water so the mud was over my front axle housing.... Fun to wheel in, not as bad as everyone claims to clean.
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #214
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When I was a younger man and had a fondness for mud I would put a sprinkler under the Jeep after a day in the mud. After an hour or two it would be all clean underneath.
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #215
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When I was a younger man and had a fondness for mud I would put a sprinkler under the Jeep after a day in the mud. After an hour or two it would be all clean underneath.
Funny thing is I have tried this many times with no luck any time. Most of the time after a muddy run, I will remove my trans/transfer case skid and all four tires to get the mud.... and I still always miss some.

Well, I replaced all four brake rotors and pads this weekend by myself.... Only took about 6 hours with a floor jack and a couple jack stands. I dropped it off at a different mechanic (than I usually use) this morning for a "professional" opinion on ball joints. He just called and asked why I dropped it off because my ball joints are very tight. Anyways, that is great news. But it still does not explain why both of my tires lean inward slightly???

Cannot wait to break the brakes in today after work and drive the heep again! Kinda funny now, but I paid someone to do the brake job on the jeep last time....
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #216
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats an awful lot of work to do after each mud run, I think I will stick to rocks...though I am still cleaning moab dust out of my lj from last week.
As to the lean, could it be a bent axle housing?
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #217
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats an awful lot of work to do after each mud run, I think I will stick to rocks...though I am still cleaning moab dust out of my lj from last week.
The grass is always greener right ? I don't even try to clean up the dust till winter anymore.

Any Moab pics in your build thread ?
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #218
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check the unit bearings for the lean.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #219
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hope it is not this and the mechanic I took it too said he did not "SEE" any anything out of the ordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Check the unit bearings for the lean.
I visually inspected both this weekend when I was changing the brakes. Nothing looked wrong, that I saw. About 2-3 degree net lean inward between the two tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
The grass is always greener right ? I don't even try to clean up the dust till winter anymore.
Dust.... topless + car wash = clean
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #220
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Funny thing is I have tried this many times with no luck any time. Most of the time after a muddy run, I will remove my trans/transfer case skid and all four tires to get the mud.... and I still always miss some.

Well, I replaced all four brake rotors and pads this weekend by myself.... Only took about 6 hours with a floor jack and a couple jack stands. I dropped it off at a different mechanic (than I usually use) this morning for a "professional" opinion on ball joints. He just called and asked why I dropped it off because my ball joints are very tight. Anyways, that is great news. But it still does not explain why both of my tires lean inward slightly???

Cannot wait to break the brakes in today after work and drive the heep again! Kinda funny now, but I paid someone to do the brake job on the jeep last time....
My tires "seem" to lean inward also but I have no treadware issues. Maybe it is just the MT/Rs.

Unread 06-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #221
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

Quote:
thats a great idea! it would eventually all be gone. will def have to try that next time. i'm assuming it was one of those sweeping, back and forth ones. the moving tractor kind might work if it sprays up enough...
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #222
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post

Any Moab pics in your build thread ?
Theres a few , but I have a lot more to post . Tonight is the first decent internet connection I have had . The Jeep is mostly dustless now and is headed east ... oh how I dread Kansas .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AAdam View Post
thats a great idea! it would eventually all be gone. will def have to try that next time. i'm assuming it was one of those sweeping, back and forth ones. the moving tractor kind might work if it sprays up enough...
Yes the sweep style is what I used . As soon as I got home I would hook it up and it came off nice . If I waited a day or two it took much longer .
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #223
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post

Dust.... topless + car wash = clean

Quote:
Theres a few , but I have a lot more to post . Tonight is the first decent internet connection I have had . The Jeep is mostly dustless now and is headed east ... oh how I dread Kansas .
Headed east...went to Utah and back through Kansas but no stop in CO ? What highway did you take ?
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #224
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am in Durango now, Kansas is this afternoon. We are loading up now and heading for the great sand dunes, hopefully the pagosa fire isn't too bad.
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #225
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
I am in Durango now, Kansas is this afternoon. We are loading up now and heading for the great sand dunes, hopefully the pagosa fire isn't too bad.
If read this in time go up medrano pass in the sand dunes park you will enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.