Impact Orange LJ - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #196
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

wheelin in the red clay! i like it!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #197
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but your MTRs don't look correct. I thought the AT section was supposed to be on the inside.
These MTR w/ kevlar tires are not directional tread, meaning they can be flipped and rotated but you are correct diddy, the AT tread needs to be on the inside of the wheel when they are mounted.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #198
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but your MTRs don't look correct. I thought the AT section was supposed to be on the inside. That's how I have always seen it. Yours is reversed. Nice jeep btw. Cool color.
They are not a directional tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
wheelin in the red clay! i like it!
Yeah. It is all around that area and it is real close to a local camping place called Red Dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
These MTR w/ kevlar tires are not directional tread, meaning they can be flipped and rotated but you are correct diddy, the AT tread needs to be on the inside of the wheel when they are mounted.
If they are non-directional and you run them both ways (aka the driver side is going "forward" when the passenger side is going "backward"), why does it matter which direction you mount them. Either way, they work well like this too. 18,000 miles down (or more) and more than 50% left.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #199
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So, I just found a deal on some 09 rubi axles. Basically stock with 14,000 miles. I would need to:
New brackets/axle truss system/welded
New suspension links???
4.88s or 5.13s
wiring for the Lockers
New steering linkage
New wheels/tires/balance beads
Eventually shafts

And then sell my axles:
Dana30
Aussie locker
4.88 gears
Moog joints
Stock brackets
Dana44 (factory)
Detroit locker
4.88 gears
Yukon shafts with new seals
Sell the links if I get new ones

Thoughts?

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com

Last edited by dayriesw; 06-14-2012 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: learning more and more
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #200
zigsz71
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you don't plan to go over 35's, then maybe just doing an HP D30 swap would be fine. The JK D44's would definitely be sweet, but with your factory rear D44 already pretty built up, then an HP D30 swap with some chromo's would probably more cost effective. If you've got your eyes set higher than 35's though, I think that's when the JK D44's would definitely be a worth while investment
'06 LJ Rubi on 35's and stuff
zigsz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #201
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

JK 44s are beefy , but they still need a little help especially the front . What tire size do you plan on going to ?
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #202
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I pick these up, 37s but probably 35s until I have the axles built. I am trying to justify getting these but I do not know if they are in the budget, plus that is a lot of down time for the heep. Tnt has a nice truss set up for just this, jk axles under tjs. Plus I just learned that you could get these from Mopar for about 2800 for the pair.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #203
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The JK D44 route is the way to go if you plan for 37s. Not only are the axles beefier, the important factor is that they are 5" wider giving you a wider track width and a lot more room to mount brackets for out board shocks or currie ARs.

And I have the TNT truss on my rear JK D44, you will want to have all of the welds gone over and strengthened. I had Hendrix reinforce my truss shortly after his original TNT truss failed on him.

IndyORV
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #204
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The JK D44 route is the way to go if you plan for 37s. Not only are the axles beefier, the important factor is that they are 5" wider giving you a wider track width and a lot more room to mount brackets for out board shocks or currie ARs.

And I have the TNT truss on my rear JK D44, you will want to have all of the welds gone over and strengthened. I had Hendrix reinforce my truss shortly after his original TNT truss failed on him.
Got any pics of your rear truss system? (edit: found the pics in your built around page 88) I did not see it on tnt's website last night. The wider track width is going to be nice on the trails for stability, but it will also mean that I will need flares (state law is 1" exposed) again.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #205
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Got any pics of your rear truss system? (edit: found the pics in your built around page 88) I did not see it on tnt's website last night. The wider track width is going to be nice on the trails for stability, but it will also mean that I will need flares (state law is 1" exposed) again.
Yup...

Before paint...

After paint...

Installed...

IndyORV
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #206
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

If I would have done anything different, I would have trimmed that truss down about half an inch or so to have it sit lower on the axle housing. Other then that, talk to Hendrix to get details as to how he reinfoced the welds on the truss. He did this prior to selling me the truss since he went with a completely custom truss system.

IndyORV
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #207
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks B2. Been thinking about this a lot. It has always been in the plans, but the swap was supposed to be later down the line...

Springs sagging about 2"

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #208
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just keep in mind, once you begin swapping axles you are stepping into a whole new world w/ less limitations. Axles are usually our limiting factor when we plan a build, so the beefier and bigger the axles get.. the bigger and beefier the jeep gets

Fair warning

IndyORV
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #209
JEEP4x20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also when $ disappears quick, wish i had the money for jk axles. It would completely transform your rig.

And i love impact, i wanted one so bad.
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #210
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fair warning
Thanks. I think this will happen just not right now. This is on hold till further notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP4x20 View Post
And i love impact, i wanted one so bad.
Thanks. There are not many left for sale.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.