Impact Orange LJ - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Impact Orange LJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 05-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #166
FirstTJ12321
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quick Question… i was wondering if those hood louvers let too much rain water through the hood?

FirstTJ12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #167
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTJ12321
Quick Question… i was wondering if those hood louvers let too much rain water through the hood?
I'm sure he will probably say the same thing...although I have different louvers on my jeep, I have no problems with rain water & they've been in some heavy Florida rain.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #168
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I don't know how much is too much but they have never let enough water thru to cause any harm to my engine (like not letting it start or what not). No problems cause by the louvers (to my knowledge) but they do help the under hood heat evacuate. I saw the heat rising when I went wheeling this morning and it was not even hot out yet.

Happy Memorial Day.

Just notice I did a little tail dragging in the last picture.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #169
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post

Just notice I did a little tail dragging in the last picture.
Road grader ?
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #170
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What is this that just arrived.... two days early? Too bad it is only half the order.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #171
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tub armor. But from who, and what's it made out of?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #172
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Tub armor. But from who, and what's it made out of?
Aluminum and Genright. Their steel sliders are enroute also.

Unread 05-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #173
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I havent really checked out the Gen Right stuff before , the cutout looks pretty cool . Did you look at the Rokmen or Savvy stuff ? Just curious as to what helped make your decision ?
Unread 05-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #174
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I havent really checked out the Gen Right stuff before , the cutout looks pretty cool . Did you look at the Rokmen or Savvy stuff ? Just curious as to what helped make your decision ?
I did look at the other guys and originally was going with another manf. but I called a few of them up and these guys gave me a deal that I could not past up. I also had a great experience dealing with them on a few piece of my first jeep, plus there is a few local jeeps that I have seen lately with their equipment that just plain works. Plus, and this is a lot less of a factor but still one.... The picture at the top of their website means a lot to me (cj, yj, tj, jk, and sick tube racer thing), kinda means that they have taken the time to test out everything they sell on each jeep type individually... And I am looking at their high lines too.

Unread 06-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #175
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A good deal is hard to beat ( thanks for the info ) so that makes perfect sense . I have decided to make my own sliders , now I have to decide on corner armor . I may try to swing by Rokmen and pick it up when I head west . I like how yours turned out , but I think I may add the sliders .
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #176
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rokmen does have nice stuff, I am sure you will like it. The Genright came in last night too and it is tits. Ill post pics after I install this weekend, hopefully.

Unread 06-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #177
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Test fitting.

Unread 06-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #178
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed. No surprises.

Unread 06-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #179
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It blends in great . Did you shoot it with a gun or spray bomb ?
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #180
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The slider came powder coated. This corner was powder coated by a friend.

Can't decide which way to go with the rear from here. It rubs bad when the rear axle flexes.

Current. The rear tire sticks out ~8".

And a lot of trimming.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.