Holm-z's TJ build... work in progress - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 293 Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holm-z View Post
I also added a additional fuse panel for the fog/windshield lights, cb radio and has enough places for future mods ie winch and possibly on-board in the future.
Im surprised you didn't use any of the spare fuse banks you have in your stock panel. Normally you have at least 3-4 or more to play with.

GMBNT42 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 293 Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Im surprised you didn't use any of the spare fuse banks you have in your stock panel. Normally you have at least 3-4 or more to play with.
Yeah I thought about it but I wanted something else instead of clogging up my panel as well as having the ability to add on more when the time comes.

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #93 of 293 Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Wired up my switches today, jumped all the grounds together and the illumination lights. Still have to do some wiring on the jeep before they are ready to be installed but its getting there!

Also just got my heater in the garage working again! now I won't have to wear a jacket and hat when im in there working!

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
 
post #94 of 293 Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Curious....the bezel you modded for your Jeep....is it different on earlier TJ's than the late model ones? I have an 05' and an 06', my bezel has accomodations for 4 switches........
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #95 of 293 Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Curious....the bezel you modded for your Jeep....is it different on earlier TJ's than the late model ones? I have an 05' and an 06', my bezel has accomodations for 4 switches........

Yeah I think they changed it in 2003 and up models.

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #96 of 293 Old 03-13-2013, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Did a little more soldering on my switches, im not quite finished yet. Instead my buddies racecar showed up and we started working on that. Its a clay track car that he races up at Legion Speedway in Rumney, NH. Actually 2 out of the 3 guys in the pictures have cars, this is only one of them at the moment. Still have to have a place for my jeep!




1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #97 of 293 Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
So i got my switches finally wired to my liking. I wired all the 12V power wires to one harness and all the "outs" to another harness. That way in case I ever need to change out switches, the panel can come off quickly using the harness vs. unplugging all the wires individually.

I also just ordered 7" wide Rugged Ridge fender flares. They were $112 shipped without the hardware. My buddy works down at a local parts store so its easy enough for me to run down and get what I need for a few bucks instead of spending another $50 for a package of the same thing. That's one thing off my list for state inspection.

Ill add pics to this tomorrow.

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #98 of 293 Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holm-z View Post
So i got my switches finally wired to my liking. I wired all the 12V power wires to one harness and all the "outs" to another harness. That way in case I ever need to change out switches, the panel can come off quickly using the harness vs. unplugging all the wires individually.

I also just ordered 7" wide Rugged Ridge fender flares. They were $112 shipped without the hardware. My buddy works down at a local parts store so its easy enough for me to run down and get what I need for a few bucks instead of spending another $50 for a package of the same thing. That's one thing off my list for state inspection.

Ill add pics to this tomorrow.
how much backspacing do your wheels have?
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #99 of 293 Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
how much backspacing do your wheels have?
im thinking its 3.75", you think i should get some spacers if im going with these flares?

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #100 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Holm-z
Senior Member
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sullivan County
Posts: 975
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holm-z View Post

I also just ordered 7" wide Rugged Ridge fender flares. They were $112 shipped without the hardware. My buddy works down at a local parts store so its easy enough for me to run down and get what I need for a few bucks instead of spending another $50 for a package of the same thing. That's one thing off my list for state inspection.

Ill add pics to this tomorrow.

well I just got an email from amazon saying my card declined the purchase... So that was a bust. I cancelled the order and will check with the bank later today to see whats up. I did recently have some fraud on my account but that got resolved and I got a new card.

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
post #101 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 AM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
i think i have 3.75 backspacing with 31x10.5 tires and 6" flares. the tires are covered but when i go to 33x12.5 tires i dont want to get 7" flares.
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #102 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
i think i have 3.75 backspacing with 31x10.5 tires and 6" flares. the tires are covered but when i go to 33x12.5 tires i dont want to get 7" flares.
Unless there is a specific brand/model tire your going for Id highly recommend sticking with a 10.5" wide tire. 10.5's have countless advantages over 12.5's.
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #103 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Unless there is a specific brand/model tire your going for Id highly recommend sticking with a 10.5" wide tire. 10.5's have countless advantages over 12.5's.
ive heard that before. can you tell me why? Holm-z what do you think?
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
post #104 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
ive heard that before. can you tell me why? Holm-z what do you think?
Better traction(more weight on less contact patch), smoother on road/daily driving,lighter in weight(ie:less rotating mass, more power to ground, less wear and tear on components like ball joints, unit bearings etc), less wheel scrub(less wear and tear on steering components), narrower so easier to keep inside the flares(inspection/legal reasons) while not having to add washers to your steering stops which will increase turning radius.............a pretty significant list of reasons. I briefly used 33x12.5's and switched right over to 10.5's..........I'll never go back to a 12.5" wide tire on a TJ/LJ again. My 35's(which I use for more difficult trails where the extra clearance is needed) are 10.5's too.
GMBNT42 is offline  
post #105 of 293 Old 03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
HighRoller02TJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Better traction(more weight on less contact patch), smoother on road/daily driving,lighter in weight(ie:less rotating mass, more power to ground, less wear and tear on components like ball joints, unit bearings etc), less wheel scrub(less wear and tear on steering components), narrower so easier to keep inside the flares(inspection/legal reasons) while not having to add washers to your steering stops which will increase turning radius.............a pretty significant list of reasons. I briefly used 33x12.5's and switched right over to 10.5's..........I'll never go back to a 12.5" wide tire on a TJ/LJ again. My 35's(which I use for more difficult trails where the extra clearance is needed) are 10.5's too.
good info thanks
HighRoller02TJ is offline  
Reply

Tags
1998 , nh , sport , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
My 97 TJ Build Current Work in Progress TinkerAB Jeep Builds 12 08-20-2011 03:55 PM
A Work in Progress... 04TJrubicon Jeep Builds 7 12-11-2009 09:18 AM
My 98 TJ, work in progress alex32TJ Jeep Builds 3 09-01-2009 01:04 PM
Another build in progress. AZ Bulldog Jeep Builds 5 12-04-2007 05:04 PM
Work in progress jeepnurse Jeep Builds 5 05-15-2006 08:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome