A Hokies 04' TJ build - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Hokies 04' TJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #451
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

those trails look like a real good time

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #452
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Overall, the trip was awesome. I wish we would have spent more time and Windrock b/c that place is huge and we probably only saw 5% of the trails. It is however, geared more towards 4 wheelers and side by sides b/c there are miles of easy fire roads. We only hit blacks and double blacks.

all four days of wheeling we ran across one group of Jeeps at Golden mountain (4 or so), one small group of 4 wheelers and one competition style Geo something. They were on rattle rock practicing for a competition. 13 year old driver was being spotted by his dad. they had intercoms and all. but for 4 full days on the trails and only coming across a handfull of people is insane. try doing that at Gore or Rausch Creek. Though it helps that we were wheelign from Sunday through Wednesday.

My Jeep did awesome on the trails I ran. guys were joking that I had the only set of 33" stickies ever made.

my MAPLETS app worked wonders at Windrock. if we were unsure of exactly where we were I could break out the phone and know within a matter of seconds exactly where we were. pretty slick.

Trailered the Jeep back to Richmond and my Jeep had a problem idling. turned the idle set screw up to temporarily solve the problem and get me home. I swapped the battery out due to a bad cell and swapped in the old IAC to solve the no idling problem. its not 100% resolved, so i'm going to replace the IAC with another new one shortly.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #453
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I looked through a bunch of the pictures this morning after seeing your link on Facebook. Looks like a fun trip!

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #454
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
those trails look like a real good time
those trails were a real good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
I looked through a bunch of the pictures this morning after seeing your link on Facebook. Looks like a fun trip!
had a blast.

I would actually love to go back and explore the park more. drive the more of the greens and blues. hitting an ocasional black.

when do you want to go?

A Hokie build

Unread 08-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #455
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Next spring? I don't think I could the time off before then. Would we invite the significant others?

That said, I'm serious about memberships to the private area. Scheduling specific weekends is tough with the new job, but so far it seems like things don't change much inside of a week. We could decide early in the week to meet up over the weekend. Hopefully get 3 or 4 trips out of a 3 month membership.

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #456
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
Next spring? I don't think I could the time off before then. Would we invite the significant others?

That said, I'm serious about memberships to the private area. Scheduling specific weekends is tough with the new job, but so far it seems like things don't change much inside of a week. We could decide early in the week to meet up over the weekend. Hopefully get 3 or 4 trips out of a 3 month membership.
sorry man. I have zero interest in the "crozet" private membership. especially after learning more about the guys who run it and some of the stuff that went down.

with a little planning we can always hit up the cove "Gore" or Rausch.

A Hokie build

Unread 09-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #457
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not much going on with the Jeep lately. It's soccer season so I've actually been driving it much more lately.

Looking at my next mod and I think it's time for a cage. Probably do the poly performance front half and some additions to the rear. I could have something custom designed from scratch, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

At the moment I'm thinking to keep the B pilar and add to the front and rear. Maybe a single diagonal behind the front seat. Also trying to come up with a removable door bar. I've got a design in my head. Just not sure…

A Hokie build

Unread 09-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #458
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, I'm starting to research for my front 3-link. What size DOM did you use for your upper? 1.75x.120 again or beefed it up to 2x.25? And what link bridge did you use? (Just curiosity, I'll be using the clayton 3-link truss)
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #459
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara
Hey man, I'm starting to research for my front 3-link. What size DOM did you use for your upper? 1.75x.120 again or beefed it up to 2x.25? And what link bridge did you use? (Just curiosity, I'll be using the clayton 3-link truss)
Same 1.75" x .120 as the uppers in the rear.

And I use the Clayton bridge. Not their new truss/bridge, just the bridge.

A Hokie build

Unread 09-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #460
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet, I should have my list complete then. Gonna wait til Black Friday sales to get the best deal I can.
For the frame mounts I plan on doing like you did and stacking the adjustable mount on top the lower, but plan on using Poly's "high clearance mount" instead of their three link mount. Basically the same thing, just not welded onto the c-channel.
Unread 09-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #461
Bedwell
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So, Main Jambo next weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RockCrawlinJeeps
Bedwell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #462
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara
plan on using Poly's "high clearance mount" instead of their three link mount. Basically the same thing, just not welded onto the c-channel.
I'm not sure how high that mount puts the lower. Just be careful to get enough separation in the frame side links without putting the upper too high.
Looks like a nice mount though.

A Hokie build

Unread 09-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #463
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedwell
So, Main Jambo next weekend?
Not this year.

High school soccer is in full swing and we have a tournament. I missed the last one so I feel compelled to make it to this one.

Have fun though. Weather should be just about perfect.

A Hokie build

Unread 09-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #464
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
I'm not sure how high that mount puts the lower. Just be careful to get enough separation in the frame side links without putting the upper too high.
Looks like a nice mount though.
From the looks of it, looks to be pretty much the exact same thing as the 3-link mounts they offer, just these come unwelded, and are welded directly to the frame instead of the c-channel the 3-link mount comes with.
Unread 09-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #465
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not much to report on.

Got the tires rotated, washed the jeep and waxed the hood. Doors and top back on.

Rims have a "custom" aluminum stripe around the entire rim. Some even have two stripes.

image-2898430565.jpg

Planning out a few mods. Savvy GTS, rear bumper and roll cage. Hope to have the bumper and GTS done for a trip to Gore in October. And roll cage done before wheeling in November.

A Hokie build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.