Ended up talking to the paint guy at the local parts store. He couldn't think of any reason the DuPont acrylic wouldn't work. So that's what I went with.
Glad I went with it too. The slider bases look great now. I put two coats on to protect them until I get around to installing them next week. Also threw some self etching primer on the steel portion. After the install I will put a few more coats of clear on and paint the steel portion black.
Picture (post clear coat) is of the type of scratches I couldn't get out. It's from the bases rubbing on each other in the box during shipping. They are very small and I'm going to do much worse to them throughout their life on my jeep. They only appear for about 6" on the drivers side so I'm not worried in the slightest.
As neat as nutserts are taking stuff off and putting it back on multiple times is awful ! The slider looks good in the natural / clear coat finish .
Yeah time will tell if it's a decision I'll come to regret or not. I used copious amounts of anti seize on any bolt that went into a nutsert. If the nutserts for the steel slider spin, I can always take the base off and access them from the back.