A Hokies 04' TJ build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 721 Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 PM
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
How many miles on the CAs?

My goal is to replace worn stuff with JJs, but it's hard to keep up with them sometimes.

Edit: did you figure out your odd tire wear? My tires are starting to wear weird

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 721 Old 10-21-2013, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
How many miles on the CAs?

My goal is to replace worn stuff with JJs, but it's hard to keep up with them sometimes.

Edit: did you figure out your odd tire wear? My tires are starting to wear weird

Sent by a messenger bird
control arms came off my TJ and a buddies LJ. my TJ had 140k his closer to 40k.

i have not figured out my off tire wear. it has done the same thing with both axles. literally the only thing that stayed the same is my springs and shocks.

It has done it at 25 PSI and starting to do it again at 21 PSI. my toe is roughly 1/16". ill keep an eye on it and contact goodyear to see if they have any thoughts. they are probably going to say its my shocks.
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #288 of 721 Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 PM
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post

control arms came off my TJ and a buddies LJ. my TJ had 140k his closer to 40k.

i have not figured out my off tire wear. it has done the same thing with both axles. literally the only thing that stayed the same is my springs and shocks.

It has done it at 25 PSI and starting to do it again at 21 PSI. my toe is roughly 1/16". ill keep an eye on it and contact goodyear to see if they have any thoughts. they are probably going to say its my shocks.
Hmm...I think I'm going to hold out & see if I can get some more Currie control arms.

Yeah, that's weird. I don't get how the shocks could do that, but I guess they are one of the only constant things in that equation

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #289 of 721 Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97

Hmm...I think I'm going to hold out & see if I can get some more Currie control arms.

Yeah, that's weird. I don't get how the shocks could do that, but I guess they are one of the only constant things in that equation

Sent by a messenger bird
Yeah the only reason I would swap a stock control arm would be to fix an issue. Bent, bad bushing, etc.
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #290 of 721 Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Got a few things done to the jeep today.

Pulled the skids and front driveshaft to measure for a new front driveshaft. 39.5" XB ordered from Tom woods.

Checked the diffs for proper fluid level.

Finally found the source of a speed bump knock in the front. Drag link adjuster is hitting the tie rod. With the passenger side flipped it puts the tie rod closer to the drag link, and with only 2.5" of lift the drag link adjuster is spun so that the clamps are toward the back. I suppose I need to pry them open and spin them 180 degrees. But then the clamps aren't clamping as they were designed to. I adjusted it so it doesn't knock so badly, but it still hits slightly.

Also found a loose antirock arm. And the rod ends are a little sloppy. .
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #291 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Got my staun tire deflators cleaned and re adjusted to 8psi. Not my favorite thing to do, but it needed to be done and makes setting the jeep up for the trail super easy. Let the air out of the tires and I'm ready to wheel, nothing else needed.
Attached Images
 
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #292 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
Your gonna notice a huge difference in traction

It's gonna feel like a whole new jeep

Your gonna love it

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #293 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01
Your gonna notice a huge difference in traction

It's gonna feel like a whole new jeep

Your gonna love it
I don't know about a whole new jeep. But your right, the added traction should be noticeable.
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #294 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:42 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
In my experience. The drop from 12 to 8 is drastic

You will definitely feel a difference. Maybe it's more for me out here where it's dry

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #295 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:46 PM
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
In my experience. The drop from 12 to 8 is drastic

You will definitely feel a difference. Maybe it's more for me out here where it's dry
With the MTR/K's I've noticed even a vast improvement between 10 to 8.

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #296 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86

With the MTR/K's I've noticed even a vast improvement between 10 to 8.
Well then I have good hopes for 8.

I have been happy with them offroad so far. So I have high hopes.
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #297 of 721 Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
7 or go home! Haha, j/k but yeah the difference between even 10 and 8 is huge. 7.5 is my happy place.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #298 of 721 Old 10-31-2013, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
7 or go home!
HAH. 7. get out of here you crazy kids. The world will end with only 7.

8's where it's at apparently. That's what all the cool kids are doing these days.
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #299 of 721 Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
jeepinhokie
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,813
Not entirely jeep related, but I rewired the trailer with LEDs all the way around. The pervious owner butchered the wiring and the trailer constantly had lights out.
No more bulbs to change, brighter lights and doesn't draw power from my tail lights.

Should be good to go for a few years.
Attached Images
 
jeepinhokie is offline  
post #300 of 721 Old 11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
MisfitSeven
MAiL Crawler.
 
MisfitSeven's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bennington
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie
Not entirely jeep related, but I rewired the trailer with LEDs all the way around. The pervious owner butchered the wiring and the trailer constantly had lights out. No more bulbs to change, brighter lights and doesn't draw power from my tail lights. Should be good to go for a few years.
Will towing this trailer cause your flasher to blink fast? Or is that just specific to the vehicle only?

Mail crawling.
MisfitSeven is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Daddy's power wheel TJ build (Slow build) Ratm Jeep Builds 15 02-04-2014 09:59 PM
Jeep Build: Minty White Country XJ Build GTEIS300 Jeep Builds 34 01-20-2013 10:42 AM
2000 TJ Build - LCG First Time Build japete01 Jeep Builds 82 06-07-2012 09:50 PM
JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build JeepWJ26 Jeep Builds 31 01-09-2012 11:15 AM
JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build JeepDVL45 Jeep Builds 41 08-11-2011 09:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome