Got it back on the road today. Had a few items to button up in the am.
Found out that the axle lock sensor was misaligned when they reinstalled my carrier. So we had to pull the carrier out a bit to get it re aligned. Of course we found this out right after re assembling the axle completely. Luckily I hadn't put fluid in the diff yet.
Other than that everything went about as smoothly as it could for undertaking such a large project in one weekend.
Need to shorten my driveshaft or get a new one and probably clearance the upper link mount when I get it installed.
Also need to make a new support arm for the front of the engine skid.
thanks. these axles and links should work well for me for many years to come. plan to focus on other aspects of the jeep now.
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21
So how's it ride?
as far as the ride goes...
small cracks in the road are all but non existent. the joints soak up most of the small stuff pretty well. they are great
large cracks or dips in the road are still there, but controlled.
My jeep is still on the light side, so the HD OME springs/shocks are a bit stiff. so the ride is not as smooth as it could be. hopefully the ride will smooth out as i add some weight to the jeep. ie. putting my skid plates back on, tub mounted tire carrier, corner and rocker armor, full cage, etc.
might also be tempted to go ORI's. right now the suuspension is just about set up for some serious travel, but my limitation at the moment is the current springs and shocks.
going to cut and shorten the front driveshaft tonight. the upper link mount might have to change. I think it looks good and sure does provide the proper function, but it sticks out a little too far. i might be able to cut the bottom corner off, but i might also have to redesign the entire upper link. cheating the axle to the passenger side will help to. probably end up doing a combination.
Got the driveshaft cut down. Drove it up to 50mph with no noticeable vibrations. Ill keep an eye on it over the next few days.
Next up is to clearance the link mount and / or push the axle over to the passenger side to gain clearance. Probably both.
Also noticed that the passenger side of the axle might be bent a little... Ill have to do some more investigating on that, but the axle shaft has more space between the tube and shaft on the bottom than it does on the top (I might have that backwards)