A Hokies 04' TJ build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Hokies 04' TJ build

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #166
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
That should work just fine. If you're sitting it on top of the lower mount, make sure to brace the ever living hell out of the assembly, both together and against the frame.
Yeah I figure it would be welded to the frame vertically where they touch and braced from the outside vertical edge back to the frame. As well as welded to the top of the lower mount.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #167
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
I opened the hood to make sure the pump was shutting off when the locker locked and its not shutting off. Pulling the diff vent off I can feel pressure building inside the axle. So I know the leak is inside the pumpkin.
I am almost positive that my pump will stay on with the lockers engaged. I noticed it a few weeks ago when changing out my front brakes. You may want to ask around and see if it's normal.

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #168
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfnfly227 View Post
I am almost positive that my pump will stay on with the lockers engaged. I noticed it a few weeks ago when changing out my front brakes. You may want to ask around and see if it's normal.
Lee,

from my inital research the pump should be turning off when the locker reaches 5PSI and locks.

with the pumps running I can stick my finger over the outlet and the pump will struggle to pump air and basically shut off. as soon as you release pressure the pump starts pumping again. it never truly shuts off, it just cant pump air anymore. Maybe with the OEM wiring set up the unused pink wire shuts off the pump, but for us non-rubi TJs the pump stays on but bogged down.

for now it is not an issue for me. because i will not be wheeling until the front axle is swapped out. but i do see pulling the diff cover off to investigate.

A Hokie build

Unread 05-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #169
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, pumps should get quiet (basically off to the ear) when they reach 5psi.

Rig is coming along nicely! Made quick work of the 4 link too!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #170
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the kind words on the jeep. this round of mods should set me up suspension wise for quite some time. certainly overkill for 33"s....

after the ball and chain recovers from this round of changes ill be working on other things. cage, rear bumper, GTS, fenders, sliders, etc. does it ever end? basically i want to get the axles beefed up then worry about all the safety and cosmetic items.

A Hokie build

Unread 06-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #171
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to getting back out on the bike around the lake. Felt good to get out.

image-61750181.jpg

Also picked up a dynomax super turbo muffler to be installed on the 10th at a local shop. Essentially getting a custom cat back system built up.

A Hokie build

Unread 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #172
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took the dog and wife to get some ice cream the other day. Stopped to take some shots with her nice DSLR of the sunset.

image-2186284529.jpg

In other news. I picked up some spicer ball joints from ECGS. Shipping was stupid fast.

And got the last of the MC Duroflex joints in.

image-266779154.jpg

That makes 14.

Trying to find a way to get more MC products on my jeep.

A Hokie build

Unread 06-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #173
lineman26

Just wondering if you've ever taken your jeep to anywhere in Craig county. That's where I'm from and I swear I've seen your jeep of course it could of been in Blacksburg
lineman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #174
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman26
Just wondering if you've ever taken your jeep to anywhere in Craig county. That's where I'm from and I swear I've seen your jeep of course it could of been in Blacksburg
Nope. My jeep has never been to Blacksburg. Which thinking about it is actually a shame.

Jeep has seen as far south as South Carolina and as far north as Canada. So it sees plenty if road miles, just never been back to tech since graduating and purchasing the jeep.

A Hokie build

Unread 06-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #175
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled the diff cover today and found the leak. OEM air line in the diff had a hole in it where the clamp goes. Replaced the hose and all is good. Pump runs for about 1-2 seconds then "shuts off".

image-1015544206.jpg

image-2688304305.jpg

image-267967352.jpg

Also put a fuel filter on the end of my air pump inlet to provide some level of air filtration for the pumps.

image-3588255367.jpg
image-2585757401.jpg

A Hokie build

Unread 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #176
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got the exhaust work done today. It's not the way I envisioned it but workmanship and sound is perfect. Its super quiet.

Just not sure about where he placed the muffler and 3rd cat all behind the crossmember.. It's damn close to the driveshaft, much closer than I expected it to be.

Not sure if I should say something and have him re route it. But I think I am going to. I hate complaining about a service.

image-60013605.jpg   image-78095616.jpg   image-3018676244.jpg  

A Hokie build

Unread 06-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #177
chrisejandaddi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie
Got the exhaust work done today. It's not the way I envisioned it but workmanship and sound is perfect. Its super quiet.

Just not sure about where he placed the muffler and 3rd cat all behind the crossmember.. It's damn close to the driveshaft, much closer than I expected it to be.

Not sure if I should say something and have him re route it. But I think I am going to. I hate complaining about a service.
I'm certainly no expert but that looks way close.
chrisejandaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #178
chrisejandaddi
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie

Nice TJ btw
chrisejandaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #179
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

not much work has been done on the jeep in the last week. just enjoying it...

probably going to drop it back off at the exhaust shop this weekend to have them re-do the cat/muffler placement, and possibly re work the tailpipe.

still on the docket to get done/buy for the front d44.

install new gears
order track bar, 1/2" Currie or MC, (need more research on the heim)
sway bar mount of some sort (the teraflex ones need to come off)
replace ball joints (already have spicer replacements)
remove and replace superior tube seals (already have new set) (currently wondering why the old set failed, hoping it wasnt a bent axle tube causing the axle shaft to ride out of center...)
remove OEM lower mounts and upper on the passenger side. Driver side will be used to aid in locating the clayton bridge.
order link mounts for diff and frame for the single upper.

its getting there...

when I get back from a trip to San Fran I will be making more progress.

A Hokie build

Unread 06-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #180
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

dropped the Jeep off at the shop to have the exhaust re done. going to remove the 3rd cat again (i tried) and move the muffler forward, just behind the crossmember. the muffler should only stick out the back of the skid 2" or so. Exhaust guy is going to re bend all new tube vs hacking up what he just put in. he is also going to keep the tail pipe tucked up to the frame as it exits out the back of the jeep.

ill pick it up in a few days when i get back from San Fran.

also contemplating which track bar and diff cover I'll be using in the front. Metal Cloak or Currie TJS/TJJ track bar vs Ruffstuff or Barnett or modified OEM diff cover

A Hokie build

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.