High school Jeep Lj build! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > High school Jeep Lj build!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Reply
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #31
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
Looks good, but thats about no lift

__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #32
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Looks good, but thats about no lift
That picture has a 2" on it, but I don't think you can tell. I think 3-4" will make it look mean!
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #33
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,862
You can check my build thread for pics. I have a red LJ with MetalCloak armor. I've run it on 35s with both a 2" lift and a 4" lift. I preferred the look with the 2" lift, but it performs much better offroad with the current 4".
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #34
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid
You can check my build thread for pics. I have a red LJ with MetalCloak armor. I've run it on 35s with both a 2" lift and a 4" lift. I preferred the look with the 2" lift, but it performs much better offroad with the current 4".
I just looked at your build thread and I found a pic of you playing in the snow. That jeep has the look I like! Great looking jeep! One quick question though. Did you do anything to prevent rust for your paint from contact with the rockers or rear flares? That's the thing that worries me...rust.
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #35
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyJeepz View Post
I just looked at your build thread and I found a pic of you playing in the snow. That jeep has the look I like! Great looking jeep! One quick question though. Did you do anything to prevent rust for your paint from contact with the rockers or rear flares? That's the thing that worries me...rust.
Nope, not a thing. Been on the Jeep for 2 years and no rust. It's not worth worrying about.

The pictures in the snow were with my 37" Pitbull Rockers. You'll need to look further back in thread for pictures with my 35" MTZs.

2" lift and 35s:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post11758590

4" lift and 35s:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post12294673

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post12346062
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #36
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

Nope, not a thing. Been on the Jeep for 2 years and no rust. It's not worth worrying about.

The pictures in the snow were with my 37" Pitbull Rockers. You'll need to look further back in thread for pictures with my 35" MTZs.

2" lift and 35s:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post11758590

4" lift and 35s:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post12294673

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...l#post12346062
Yeah I saw not to long ago. I completely drained my phone battery going through your build/restoration. Personally, you have the most amazing build I've ever seen. It's hard to believe what that jeep looked like to what it is now. I would love to build my jeep like yours but I don't have many skills when it comes to what mods you've done. I don't ever plan on selling my jeep, and I hope you don't either with that story of whats been done. Nice jeep!
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #37
iwishihadajeep1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
what day is your birthday on? I'm also turning 16 this year.
iwishihadajeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #38
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
Wow Jake, what a compliment.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishihadajeep1
what day is your birthday on? I'm also turning 16 this year.
July 25th. What's yours?
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #40
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Wow Jake, what a compliment.
So your not jealous or anything, the first time I saw your avatar pic, well, I can't say the last time I made a face like that.
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #41
iwishihadajeep1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Mines August 12th so we aren't to far apart. and I am looking at a LJ.
iwishihadajeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #42
FunkyJeepz
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishihadajeep1
Mines August 12th so we aren't to far apart. and I am looking at a LJ.
Oh yeah? That's awesome. If you can, try to find a rubi. The 04 didn't have a rubicon option but I wish it did. Now I'm debating wether to put in lockers or just find a totaled rubi to swap axles. What state you in?
FunkyJeepz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #43
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyJeepz View Post

Yeah I saw not to long ago. I completely drained my phone battery going through your build/restoration. Personally, you have the most amazing build I've ever seen. It's hard to believe what that jeep looked like to what it is now. I would love to build my jeep like yours but I don't have many skills when it comes to what mods you've done. I don't ever plan on selling my jeep, and I hope you don't either with that story of whats been done. Nice jeep!
I wouldnt go quite that far, but thanks! No plans to ever sell it, this Jeep will probably die with me (if you've seen how I drive you know how true that is ).


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Wow Jake, what a compliment.
I know, almost makes me want to blush!
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
iwishihadajeep1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
The rubicon is what Im looking for but havent found the right one yet, It will come in time though. Im in Tennessee near Chattanooga.
iwishihadajeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #45
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I wouldnt go quite that far, but thanks! No plans to ever sell it, this Jeep will probably die with me (if you've seen how I drive you know how true that is ).
This is probably the most legitimate statement ever on JF.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.