Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

help me build my cj7

324 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JBW5 
#1 ·
I have a 1980 cj7 with a 258 inline 6 cylinder. Everything is pretty much stock except for some extended shackles :thumbdown: and some MT 33 inch claws. I have a set of scout axels (44's) that I am going to be using in my build because they were free. My goal is to build a road drivable trail capable jeep kind of ultimate adventure style without the newest and fanciest stuff because well I'm not made of money...one day!haha Anyways my plan is to keep my jeep as low as possible with either 35's or 37's. That being said in talking low...like chopping lots of sheet metal low. The jeep will be getting a 360 this summer so that is something to keep in mind. I have seen builds along these lines with yj spring over the axel but they seem to sit so tall because everyone seems to be afraid to cut up their jeeps. So how would I sit yj spring under on 35's and what would my flex be like? Throw some ideas at me and we will see where this thing goes!! Thanks for any input!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.