Help me Build my 98 laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Help me Build my 98 laredo

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
mcount2010
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Help me Build my 98 laredo

ok so 1 year ago i bought my first car a 98 jeep grand cherokee laredo. i love it. this christmas i asked for 30x9.5x15 general grabber AT 2's. im getting them put on next week. everything is stock. my question is what is next for me. i know i want HID lights and new fog lights but, there is a problem, my jeep was in a accident before i got it and the front bumper is cracked and out of place im in need of a new bumper before i install lights so i need to know where i can get this bumper its like a plastic bumper not fiberglass. Also on the side of the door theres this plastic like shield on the bottom of the door can i take them off? or leave them on? again after i do this whats next?

thanks,
Mike

mcount2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
jspecfever
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds Like your off to a good start.. As far as you wanting HID's make sure they are adjusted correctly. Dont wanna blind people coming towards you. For the bumper, I would get something like an ARB winch bumper. Kinda pricey but they look pretty damn good. For the plastic sheilds, If you take them off I would rhino-line where they used to be. I saw a zj with that done before.

What kind of wheeling do you do/ wanna do & How big do you wanna go?
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Black95ZJ
1995 ZJ 

Wow. Let's see what I can do to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcount2010 View Post
ok so 1 year ago i bought my first car a 98 jeep grand cherokee laredo.
It's not a car, it's a Jeep. No matter WHAT the Wrangler guys say.

Quote:
i love it.
Don't we all.....Jeeps are like women. You love them, you can't live without them, and can't even contemplate getting rid of them, but damn if they won't take every cent out of your pocket for it.

Quote:
this christmas i asked for 30x9.5x15 general grabber AT 2's. im getting them put on next week.
Good stuff. I don't know much about those, but I've heard good things.

Quote:
everything is stock.
Same here, other than the 31's I got for free.

Quote:
my question is what is next for me. i know i want HID lights and new fog lights
There IS a conversion kit for the HID's, I think it's around $300, I'll have to look in my PM's.

Quote:
but, there is a problem, my jeep was in a accident before i got it and the front bumper is cracked and out of place im in need of a new bumper before i install lights so i need to know where i can get this bumper its like a plastic bumper not fiberglass.
Pics would help a lot in this case, so that the damage can be assessed. If it's too bad, junkyards are always your best bet, or you can try the classifieds on here.

Quote:
Also on the side of the door theres this plastic like shield on the bottom of the door can i take them off? or leave them on?
I left mine on, and painted them. You can take them off, but there's pins in the body that you'd have to grind down and punch out, leaving holes in your body, which you can use body filler and an overcoat of paint on. Up to you.

Quote:
again after i do this whats next?
Depends on what you got the duckets for, man. I've got so much planned for mine, just gotta get the money together......if I don't wind up just building a trug. I have to warn you, because the Grand isn't a popular wheeler, prices are a little steep. Just my $.02

Quote:
thanks,
Mike
Hope this all helped.

-J.B.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/o...thread-900114/

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY MEMBER

MILITARY JEEPERS MEMBER # 203
Black95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Do some reading on this forum, most will agree that HID's on the Grand is not a good idea, at least not in the stock housings. It will cost you to do it right, you have to ask yourself why do you want HID's anyway?

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.