help, :( brakes, and starter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > help, :( brakes, and starter

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
the-newguy

help, :( brakes, and starter

okay so more or less i have a 1977 CJ7 i bought from a guy for $4700 and its in amazing condition except for the rear brakes and starter..my friends dad and i first took off the back tires and found the wheel cylinder valve broken off the back right tire. so. i got a new cylinder and fixed that. then we tried bleeding them and nothing. so we cut off the back main brake line to see where the bleeding stopped ( its old cutting it was the only way.) and we replaced it with the right lines and everything. and we replaced the master cylinder after finding out that was ****in up. so now i have good rear tire cylinders, and a master cylinder and its bleeding in the front great as well. but the back still wont bleed, so after a few more tweaks and **** we got both backs to bleed. A LITTLE BIT!...but the front is bleeding ALOT..so we checked both tires and after adjusting the back tires the brakes in the back just wouldnt work! we had the tire and shoe off and everytime he asked me to step on the brake they just wouldnt ****in do anyting! it bleeds and all but no movement O.o...he said its like its possessed lol..anyways he said the only thing we haven't changed is some thing that is suppose to distribute the pressure evenly? but would that really make this error happen? and the starter we pretty much think that the guy that sold me the car had the wrong starter put in cuz we already tried shimming it and it worked a little but its a BIG *** starter and we thought for that jeep your suppose to have a smaller one? ( so says my friends dads friend). anyways ANYONE please i really need help cuz it seems hes about to give up..more or less when i step on the brakes the back brakes dont do anything but we did bleed them!..HELP!!

the-newguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.