Help with 8.8 swap in YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Help with 8.8 swap in YJ

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
jerpwt

Help with 8.8 swap in YJ

Ok guy/gals gonna start buying hardware for my 8.8 swap slowly.... Any good info on a cheap place to get all the odds and ins I need (besides more)? Like u bolts, u bolt plates, 7/8" wheel spacers, ect... Thanks in advance. Also anyway to do the e-brake cheap? And do I need to do anything to the driveshaft?

jerpwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
chasmosis1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's a lot of info on here about this that a search would provide. I'm not the type to bash, so I will tell you that after doing three so far it has become easy for me. The last one I did I had u-bolts made at a local spring shop, I used u-bolt plates from a Ranger, and reused the mounts that I cut off of the 8.8. I also reused the YJ shock tabs that I cut from the D35 housing and parking brake cables by cutting them and using cable crimp ends that you can get from any good garage door company. As for the spacers, they would be 3/8" and completely unnecessary unless you are running the stock wheel offset. You'll need a flange from an Explorer/Ranger to connect the drive shaft to the 8.8, and you may or may not need a 1310 to 1330 universal joint depending on what year YJ you have. Don't forget to weld the axle tubes to the housing with hi-nickel rod.
Yes.......I have a Jeep addiction.........
chasmosis1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.