Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 04-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #76
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I havent posted in a little while. I had to clean some mud out of my Jeep from the last ride, so the top came off (maybe a little early but who cares)

I wen't riding a few weeks back and the Jeep did much better than expected on the first serious rocks I have been on since the re-do.

Here is a pic someone shot from that ride, and a pic of summer mode.

img_1233.jpg   2013-03-17_15-37-41_399.jpg  
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #77
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So again... its been a couple of months. I've been busy though. We've been riding a good bit. This weekend we went to the Hale Mountain OHV Area. The people that run that place are some really nice folks.

The trip was great, but I managed to break the rear locker. I haven't torn it apart yet, but it makes a series of quick horrific pops and it skips then catches. I drove it out, but the bigger the bind or the tighter the turn, the more it popped.. Like the bang a Detroit makes sometimes when you pull away from a light.... only over and over again.

Here's a short video. I added music because the GoPro had the water case on which created that annoying silence with occasional clicking.

Unread 07-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #78
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Turns out the rear locker was just flat worn out. I replaced it with a Spartan Locker and the difference is amazing compared to the LockRight. The Spartan is so much smoother and quieter.

While I had things apart, I swapped the front shocks over to some charged shocks and that solved all the diving when dropping off ledges and the bouncing going up. The shocks were CRAP and compressed in about 3 seconds but returned in about 15. Not very balanced.

The Jeep is back in action and ready for another trip as soon as the rain stops.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.