Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #61
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I'm working with on each side. The Clear tape over the hole is from the factory I guess. I'll grind the nutserts off when I decide what to do, and there are like 4 pinch welds at the bottom. All that adds up to something I'd like to cover

dsc05759.jpg   dsc05762.jpg  
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #62
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo
This is what I'm working with on each side. The Clear tape over the hole is from the factory I guess. I'll grind the nutserts off when I decide what to do, and there are like 4 pinch welds at the bottom. All that adds up to something I'd like to cover
Oh lol, sorry I thought when you said you had three holes you lent they were rust holes haha. Never mind then.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #63
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Now I have to start thinking about cutting down the width of the bumper...
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Had to pick up a hole saw today to do the turn signal job. Even though I had a ton of other things to do, I managed to punch 2 holes in the grill and get one signal done.
signal.jpg  
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #65
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So my goal for this Jeep is to make as much as possible removable quickly from the interior. I want to be able to put in or take out cargo storage, the back seat, the tool boxes, the spares, the CO2' Tank... all configurable depending on what I'm doing with the Jeep. That includes even pulling the seats out quickly to wash down the interior if need be.

One step toward this is a mount for the CO2' tank that would be dual purpose and out of the way. I have the typical steel mount, but it takes up a lot of space whether the tank is in or not. I ordered the Quick Fist Super clamp hoping that it would work.

To my surprise, there was actually an image of a CO2' tank on the package... so that was good to see..

Here is what showed up today. Hopefully I will get some installed pics tonight.
dsc05763.jpg   dsc05765.jpg  
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #66
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Light Bar.

I have been checking out cheper alternatives to the really slick LED light bars out there. Of the slew of them out there, I gave Arsenal a try. I got the 2x6 36 watt light bar.

It was packaged well, and upon unwrapping, the quality felt great... Heavy electronics = good right?

Installation was easy since I also bought the $25 wiring harness. I could not have bought wire, sheath, connectors, a switch, a relay and a plug for that cheap. Not to mention what my time is worth to me. The first pics are of the very complete wiring harness.

Next are close ups of the LEDs. I was a little concerned that a few of them were not centered in the optic.

Finally there is a pic of low beams ... then under that a pic of the light bar only. It really is considerably brighter.

Finally... a pic of why I'm not completely happy and why I'll be sending them back. Can you pick out the dark spots
There are some LEDs that quit the second time I turned the light on. I'm sure Arsenal will take care of me though. At least I hope so.
dsc05766.jpg   dsc05769.jpg   dsc05768.jpg   dsc05771.jpg   dsc05772.jpg  

dsc05773.jpg   dsc05777.jpg   dsc05775.jpg   dsc05778.jpg  
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #67
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Took a ride yesterday. Found an old classic trail that had been lost for years... at least we couldn't find it. The Jeep did great. Working on compiling all the video into a little movie file, but here is a clip.

Unread 02-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #68
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo
Took a ride yesterday. Found an old classic trail that had been lost for years... at least we couldn't find it. The Jeep did great. Working on compiling all the video into a little movie file, but here is a clip.

Looks like a fun trail.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #69
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Here is another guy's video from yesterday.

Holy crap my tailpipe looks low now tat I pulled off the hitch receiver. LOL
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #70
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #71
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Those fenders look great!!
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #72
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! They did the job. No more rubbing.

I recently dropped quite a few pounds off the rig by removing the hitch receiver and rear bumper. I threw some tow hooks back there, and cleaned up the gas tank skid from some oxidation that was beginning to form.

I think I'm going to ditch the fogs on the light hoop. Now that i have the led bar, they serve absolutely no purpose. Since the wiring is there i may mount a couple of duallys in their place.

As you could see in the video, my tail pipe hangs down really far now. Time for a new exhaust!

And my #3 cyl. Keeps misfiring on hot starts offroad. It might be time to add a hood vent.
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #73
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Thanks! They did the job. No more rubbing.

I recently dropped quite a few pounds off the rig by removing the hitch receiver and rear bumper. I threw some tow hooks back there, and cleaned up the gas tank skid from some oxidation that was beginning to form.

I think I'm going to ditch the fogs on the light hoop. Now that i have the led bar, they serve absolutely no purpose. Since the wiring is there i may mount a couple of duallys in their place.

As you could see in the video, my tail pipe hangs down really far now. Time for a new exhaust!

And my #3 cyl. Keeps misfiring on hot starts offroad. It might be time to add a hood vent.
If they are factory fog lights shoot me a price if you would ship them.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #74
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
If they are factory fog lights shoot me a price if you would ship them.
I'll see what shipping would be and I'll let you know...
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #75
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So if anyone is reading this... one more video clip with a question. My Jeep rides pretty good in the rough stuff. Going over bowling ball sized rock and smaller the ride is surprisingly subtle if I keep a good pace.

When the rock gets bigger and I'm going slower, the front end seems a little harsh. The shocks and springs collapse pretty far into the travel then rebound pretty quick. I can't decide if the springs are too soft or if the shocks are too fast. At the bottom of the hill the front takes a good hit and you can see what I mean.

I don't want to kill the ride over the small stuff, but I feel like I need to do something. About half the times I hit a ledge on a climb with any speed or momentum, the front gets thrown off track.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.