Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Harvo's EX DD 02 TJ

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The cage is looking nice.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
The cage is looking nice.
Thanks. I like the way it is turning out.

Thanks to a local member, I will be picking these up Monday morning. Merry Christmas to me

They will replace the so/so Procomp xtreme mud terrains that are on there now.

Apparently the Procomps are small for 35's because these MTRs look huge!

Unread 12-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #18
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice fab work on the cage! Love the design. What about rear seat belts with a design like that?
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Nice fab work on the cage! Love the design. What about rear seat belts with a design like that?
I picked up some early YJ lap belts for the rear. Most of the time it's just my son and me up front offroad. If the wife is there and things get the least bit sketchy... shes out and "taking pictures"
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Finished the cage and brought the Jeep home. I very much like how it came out. It's difficult to get good shots of a cage indoors with a garage wall for a back drop, so I'll get some outdoor shots when the weather clears up.

Test fit the half doors

Made this little winch bar with light tabs until I can get a real bumper and grille hoop. Still needs paint.

I have a wheeling Trip saturday, and with Christmas Eve and Christmas... whew! I have a lot to do Wednesday through Friday.

Should be getting the new wheels and tires in the morning.
Unread 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The weather is crap, but I got the new tires and wheels on. I also put the top back on and everything fits with the new cage.

I was expecting a wider stance from the wheels and tires (the new wheels are wider), but it looks like the offset may be a bit more inboard. The overall width was equal to or slightly less than before.

I had some 1.25" Spidertrax spacers from another old build, so I put them on. With them... the overall width is definitly greater than with the old wheels. I think it will be better for turning clearance for sure.

I snapped this shot before putting on the spacers.

I don't like spacers... but I like where it is sitting with them. So for now they will stay.

It sucks that 35" tires look small to me now ... argh.
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Like anyone cares... but the spacers are a no-go for now anyway. I had the chance to run the Jeep up an articulation ramp tonight. They spacers caused the tires to contact the metal behind the front fender flare just a little bit. That means in a real world situation with the Jeep stuffed in a rut, the tires would be all up in the fenders. Without the spacers, the tires tuck into the fenders with no contact.

After the Chromoloy axles, it looks like flat fenders will be the next step... then I can widen it back out.
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Which flat fenders are you going with?
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Which flat fenders are you going with?
These guys... probably Aluminum and either the zero flare or the 3".

I like the look of the Poison Spiders and I like keeping the inner fenders.
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #25
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

very nice work
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
These guys... probably Aluminum and either the zero flare or the 3".

I like the look of the Poison Spiders and I like keeping the inner fenders.
Those are some nice fenders. Here is a install wirte up on a set of them http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/in...eview-1376915/
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #27
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those are some nice fenders. Here is a install wirte up on a set of them http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/in...eview-1376915/
Thanks for the link! That is a great write up.
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Thanks for the link! That is a great write up.
Your welcome. He does some great write up. Posion Sypder was talking about there new rectangular LED Marker Lamp they made for these fenders during there christmas giveaway. They looked like a clean way to add some marker lights.
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #29
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I found these pics from a wheeling trip we took for the kids last year. This will be another good "before" pic for comparison.

and a buddy of mine

Unread 12-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A new offroad park is opening here in March, and the owner has been letting people in for the last few weeks to take a look at what is coming up. Today was the last open day until the park officially cranks up in March, and it was the first time I was able to go.

Unfortunately it has been raining all week and today it snowed. I have never wheeled in so much mud as I did today. There were no mud holes really... just several inches of butter like mud spread on top of loose topsoil and rocks. It also sits on the side of a mountain.

My TJ did well. The new Goodyears handled the mud as well as could be expected. The HP 30 held up to some climbs on which the motor was bouncing off the rev limiter....while pulling another Jeep up the mountain.
We hit a fair amount of greasy rocks today as well and that is where the tires really performed! I'm looking forward to some dry conditions.

Considering I was on junkyard stock axles today, I feel certain that chromoly axles will be fine for as long as I stick with the HP30.

This is the only pic of mine from today with my camera. Hopefully I'll have more later.

My only problem of the day was a disconnect that broke free after I lost the pin. It's one of those that flips forward and pins to a tab behind the bumper. The tires rip those down every time out. Time to get the Antirock and flatfenders and widen her back out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.