GTX's low rider TJ build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > GTX's low rider TJ build

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #91
gtxracer

My camp site

Some of the rigs at the campgrounds

I broke this thing too, damn cartwheels and jumps

We then woke up early (hah!) saturday morning to run Busy Wild, only to find out it's CLOSED. Here's my TJ at the entrance-

So we ran some other trails and waited for a chopped up and broken willys wagon to get fixed and off the trail. It broke again about 20 feet after they fixed it.

Mike trying to show off his long arm kit…why hasn’t he flopped that rig yet?

Greg has his hands up...because Victor is stuck and broke...again.

gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #92
gtxracer

New guy, bought a HYOOOGE rig and only really used it once when I made him take a hard line on another trail. He didn't want to play hard after that, haha.

Random shots from the group

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #93
gtxracer

Random shots of my rig

I really like all those
Unread 07-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #94
gtxracer

More random shots from the trip

Then there's me...stuck. This is the only time I got stuck and I was very impressed with the way my rig handled all the obstacles on the trails. I followed a rig with stretched wheelbase, swapped axles, and 38s for most of the 2nd day. Apparently he got stuck here too but I wasn't there to see it. If I would have given it more gas I would have rocked over it but I didn't give it enough momentum to pivot on the frame and skid. Those ruts are DEEP and swallowed my 35s but I look forward to giving that one another go after my rig goes under the knife!

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #96
gtxracer

Found some pics from a local guy in the club...

in the background

Unread 07-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #97
gtxracer

Couple additions coming to the TJ as well...

Unread 07-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #98
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looked like a great time. Wish I had time to get mine out on another shakedown run.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #99
gtxracer

Thanks Hendrix it was a lot of fun and I was looking forward to it for a long time. Don't sell your Jeep, keep plugging away at it and the outcome will be worth it.
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #100
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man just checking out your thread. Looks great and thanks for starting the ultimate build page on pirate. It has helped 1000's of people out I'm sure.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #101
gtxracer

Thanks mallard! I'm going to try to make the ultimate wrangler thread a bit more "little guy" friendly so it's not just 40s and 1 tons everywhere. I actually like having a smaller TJ right now, they're a lot easier to maintain and so much more fun to drive!

I posted this in Henrix's thread but thought I'd toss it in here. I bought some Heretic fab 4130 chromo links for my lowers and have another Crane diff cover on the way too. I'll be ordering some dimple dies for this build too.
Unread 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #102
gtxracer

Front end:

Unread 07-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #103
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good....question on the rear. How do you plan on getting your lower link @ the axle end 1.5" from the axle centerline? Maybe it's a typo......

That suspension should perform very, very well. It looks like the pinion will track perfectly, you'll have little to no flex or roll steer, and it'll squat just enough. Looking forward to you building it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #104
gtxracer

Nah, not a typo. I don't have the jeep in front of me right now so I can't measure the distances on the front axle. Thanks I can't wait to build it and have the wheelbase.
Unread 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #105
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer
Nah, not a typo. I don't have the jeep in front of me right now so I can't measure the distances on the front axle. Thanks I can't wait to build it and have the wheelbase.
I tried the front calculator, but I am confused. I want to do a modified short arm on mine. Keeping all the links in there current frame locations. Just pushing the front out as far as I can. I just do not know the guidelines for the front geometry.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.