GTX's low rider TJ build - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > GTX's low rider TJ build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #556
gtxracer

Winchester Bay, OR

There's a giant beach right next to the dunes, some lakes near the other set of dunes. It's beautiful out there and plenty of space to run around.

Running stock TJ springs with 3/4" spacers, 14" coilovers without coils until I swap in the wider axles (real estate issues). Front will have two 14" coilovers with coils as soon as I get around to it.

gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #557
gtxracer

Added a rear spreader, guess I'm a hypocrite and needed one after all! Had to get creative getting the c pillars back in place. Warping from the weld heat pulled them into each other. This is why you put in a rear spreader, even if it's just temporary. Lesson learned.

Installed and welded
Unread 08-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #558
gtxracer

Couple small updates:

sealed up the np435 for good

Made an ugly "j arm" and a new adapter plate to move the clutch slave cylinder out of the way and keep a one piece driveline.

Stock

ugly j arm

cardboard cutout of the new plate (forgot to take a pic of the actual plate)

chopped down the fuel filler so it will fit with coilovers

stock

chop

weld

did regular maintenance and threw in a new u joint in the front. Amazon has the spicers on prime for around $14, better than any of the parts store generics for $12
Unread 08-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #559
gtxracer

Went out to Naches as well. Did more camping and drinking than wheeling but I'm hoping to get out this fall and winter too

Selling my camper if anyone is interested

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.