Originally Posted by WKdeuce
I like this build man, got a couple questions for ya.
Nice crossmember, is it a 4.0L/465/300?
What forced you into the front pillow block, the slave cylinder? You mention CJ hydraulics, what master/slave did you run?
Thank you! Yes, 4.0/435/300. The 465 and 435 are pretty much the same trans, muncie 4 spd.
The front 2 piece shaft was to go around the slave cylinder. That's running low lift. With a 4" lift, you probably wouldn't hit it. I have to limit the uptravel on that side, even with 2" springs and 1.75" diameter driveline.
I'm currently remaking that 2 piece shaft and figured out what needs to happen in order for it to work properly. I'll post that up when I finish it. Might wait for the 1 tons.
I run a CJ master and slave cylinder, from a 4cyl iron duke motor, around 1985 year. I modified the TJ clutch plate on the firewall in order to mount the CJ master cylinder. Any will do, just make sure they jive with each other and run a hard line between them. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I over-thought a lot of the np435 swap, its much simpler than I realized at first.