G's LJ Build (It's not the devil I swear) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > G's LJ Build (It's not the devil I swear)

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,881
How do you like those Baja T/As? I know the Goodyear military tires kinda suck offroad but I've never heard anything about the BFG military tires.

Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
haha. You can flip them forward which is what I will do when that time comes. You switch them left to right and have them mount off the same bar but forward instead of backward. Hope that makes since.
That makes sense. Might work out perfect with how I have the front mocked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
How do you like those Baja T/As? I know the Goodyear military tires kinda suck offroad but I've never heard anything about the BFG military tires.
They are just alright. They are about the same as my pro-comp MT's were as far as grip goes.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,360
Looks awesome man
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
I rented the spring compressor tool and I'm going to put the 4" springs on this weekend. Taking an inch and a half of lift off seems like a lot but I think it will be better in the long run.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #20
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer, CO
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
I rented the spring compressor tool and I'm going to put the 4" springs on this weekend. Taking an inch and a half of lift off seems like a lot but I think it will be better in the long run.
I've got two sets you could have borrowed...in exchange for that Rokmen tray Although Karl bent one set pretty good.

I'm trying to hit Liberty this weekend with George. Let me know if your interested.
__________________
TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
I've got two sets you could have borrowed...in exchange for that Rokmen tray Although Karl bent one set pretty good.

I'm trying to hit Liberty this weekend with George. Let me know if your interested.
Just liberty? I might be interested for really early Saturday morning. Or how about down Indi out liberty?
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer, CO
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
Just liberty? I might be interested for really early Saturday morning. Or how about down Indi out liberty?
We could do early...honestly I'm a bit nervous to drop Indy with a stock tie-rod. That's next on my to-do list before inners haha. But I've been talked into dumber things before.
__________________
TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 4,175
G whats up man its Lou with the black rubi. Mike and I joined up with you guys and wheeled Independence last June.

Rig looks great! As far as the cage Ive never been a fan of the double B pillar I dont know how much strength it really adds and in my opinion its added weight and wasted tube.

As far as the overhead tube do you have individual speaker tubes or a sound bar? With my individual speakers I was able to triangulate and still fit them in there.


__________________
Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build



2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #24
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
Hey Lu, your daughter is beautiful and love the name. My speakers are just like yours, individual. That looks like a good solution as well. So no on the dual b's, huh? You make good points about weight and tube waste. I checked out abunch if that 'official' cage thread and didn't see many dual b's in there either. Might be heading back to the drawing board and actually have a friend throw it into CAD.

Has anyone ever modeled an LJ cage in CAD before to give me a head start? If not a TJ?
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
G Beasley
Web Wheeler
 
G Beasley's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,515
Good looking LJ , all you need is a matching trailer ...
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #26
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Good looking LJ , all you need is a matching trailer ...
Thanks G Beasley.
What I need is matching TRUCK and trailer.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #27
OkLaHoMaTJ
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 615
How do you like the 5.13's and 37's here in Denver? I'm torn between 4.88's and 5.13's. 37's and some 17'' wheels (hopefully headlocks) are in the future. This winter it's getting gears and RCV's. Then it's on to some tires and wheels before the wheeling season opens up in 2014.

Oh and in case you or GSpup are free Saturday we have a group of about 5 rigs running Holy Cross.
__________________
My Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/another-lj-rubicon-thread-1516486/
OkLaHoMaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #28
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 4,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc
Hey Lu, your daughter is beautiful and love the name. My speakers are just like yours, individual. That looks like a good solution as well. So no on the dual b's, huh? You make good points about weight and tube waste. I checked out abunch if that 'official' cage thread and didn't see many dual b's in there either. Might be heading back to the drawing board and actually have a friend throw it into CAD.

Has anyone ever modeled an LJ cage in CAD before to give me a head start? If not a TJ?
Thanks man she's awesome!

Also don't forget to check back seat headroom when drawing up your plans. As long as you have good triangulation a double b IMO doesn't add any strength in a collision front to rear or side to side it's your other tube that ties in that'll make it strong
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build



2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #29
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
How do you like the 5.13's and 37's here in Denver? I'm torn between 4.88's and 5.13's. 37's and some 17'' wheels (hopefully headlocks) are in the future. This winter it's getting gears and RCV's. Then it's on to some tires and wheels before the wheeling season opens up in 2014.

Oh and in case you or GSpup are free Saturday we have a group of about 5 rigs running Holy Cross.
5.13's are the way to go. I am very cautious of the smaller pinion though and I tend to be really conservative with the skinny pedal. But with that low of range the crawling is awesome anyways. On the highway is where you would really feel the difference though. Almost back to how it was when it was stock.

Wish I could hit a trail this weekend but I need to work on the Jeep and finish the domestic duties before football starts going on Sunday. Have fun on Holy Cross, it's my favorite trail in CO. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Thanks man she's awesome!

Also don't forget to check back seat headroom when drawing up your plans. As long as you have good triangulation a double b IMO doesn't add any strength in a collision front to rear or side to side it's your other tube that ties in that'll make it strong
That sounds like wisdom right there.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #30
g-rocc
Member
 
g-rocc's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 323
And Mike ordered 120' of 1-3/4" DOM tube yesterday so this is really going to happen!
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
colorado , lj , rokmen , set them free , unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.