Green Been - Slow build LCOG XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Green Been - Slow build LCOG XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
R_Kelso
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Green Been - Slow build LCOG XJ

I've been trolling the site for some time now. I'm finally making progress on my 95 XJ so here's a run down on its reincarnation.

1995 Cherokee 4x4 - 4.0, AW4, NP231, 30 front, 35 rear, 3.55's, tow package, factory skids front end, transfer case and gas tank, 145k miles when I got it. It started life in the State of Oregon motor pool.

My plan is to DD until I get another commuter car. Then I'll go to 33's or 35's, pending budget for axle upgrades, lockers, winch. Then I'll really wheel the thing.

After doing some preventative maintenance, and throwing in a new radiator, I picked up a lightly used 3" skyjacker kit - heavy coils, full leaf packs, and LCA's - for $100 ! Painted it.

Rusty's adjustable track bar

Home brew BPE's for the rear uppers, using the brackets from rear sway bar. New Pro Comp ES9000's

Going, going...

On! With some used 32's

Went with some new 31's for now while its the DD - 31" Goodyear Authority's. So far they're great tires. Also cut the front bumper, added tow hooks, Rough Country 1.5" wheel spacers, Thule crossbars, and painted the stock steelies black.

Here's how the bean sits today..

Last edited by R_Kelso; 01-08-2012 at 11:25 PM..
R_Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So when does the LCOG part come into play? lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
R_Kelso
1995 XJ Cherokee 

when my tires and axles get bigger

Last edited by R_Kelso; 01-08-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
andrewmacc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

LCOG has nothing to do with 31" tires.

:\

What is with people calling their 4x4 a "LCOG rig" because it has a small lift and small tires?
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
R_Kelso
1995 XJ Cherokee 

No **** ^ I'm BUILDING a Low COG rig. I didn't say it was finished.. Hopefully it will be on 35's someday (as stated above), then maybe it will meet internet standards for LCOG. By the way, is there a definitive guide to what is classified as low center of gravity and what isn't? I don't care if everyone says that negative 3" of lift on 44's is the minimum or GTFO. It's got a small lift - so by definition it already is LCOG. Thanks for all the positive feedback, off to a great start!

Last edited by R_Kelso; 01-09-2012 at 08:54 AM..
Unread 01-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
jake_drives_xj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Kelso View Post
No **** ^ I'm BUILDING a Low COG rig. I didn't say it was finished.. Hopefully it will be on 35's someday (as stated above), then maybe it will meet internet standards for LCOG. By the way, is there a definitive guide to what is classified as low center of gravity and what isn't? I don't care if everyone says that negative 3" of lift on 44's is the minimum or GTFO. It's got a small lift - so by definition it already is LCOG. Thanks for all the positive feedback, off to a great start!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.