Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish.. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #91
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Okay, I know exactly where. I've heard (pun intended) those sound pretty good Sent by a messenger bird
Haha, I was pleasantly surprised when I cranked it up for the first time, it's very nice for the price. Only potential problem is it's loud as crap, I like it but others might not.

Your seat turned out nice! Are they all original or did you get them reupholstered? The drivers seat is shot in my jeep, I need to get a cover or get it redone.

Unread 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #92
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post

Haha, I was pleasantly surprised when I cranked it up for the first time, it's very nice for the price. Only potential problem is it's loud as crap, I like it but others might not.

Your seat turned out nice! Are they all original or did you get them reupholstered? The drivers seat is shot in my jeep, I need to get a cover or get it redone.
Thanks,
The seats are stock. I plan on rebuilding the cushions though b/c right now I have my driver & passenger seat cushions swapped. Haha, so my side is great, but the passenger...not so much

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #93
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, The seats are stock. I plan on rebuilding the cushions though b/c right now I have my driver & passenger seat cushions swapped. Haha, so my side is great, but the passenger...not so much Sent by a messenger bird
Haha thats brilliant! I'm gonna go to the pick and pull and get me a new cushion!
Unread 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #94
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha thats brilliant! I'm gonna go to the pick and pull and get me a new cushion!
Haha, thanks...it works pretty well.

Side note, I just had a really big interview, job wise.

I think it went well, so hopefully it did b/c it's something very related to the off-road community & it's a marketing thing.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #95
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll get pics later, but I made a "shield" for my intake today.

Basically, I just blocked off 2 of the cowl vents to keep the filter dry....er

I also took some measurements & will likely order an aimsoil dry filter very soon. I was very very pleased with how well the last one performed.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #96
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh & haha, I have a "surprise" mod that should be coming up shortly.

...the reason I'll leave it a surprise will be evident when revealed

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #97
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh & haha, I have a "surprise" mod that should be coming up shortly. ...the reason I'll leave it a surprise will be evident when revealed Sent by a messenger bird
cool. Look forward to it.
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #98
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
cool. Look forward to it.
Thanks! Me too

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #99
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up some aluminum today, to make alignments easier....measuring these will be much easier than measuring the tires. I think mrblaine posted the trick, or someone. Whoever posted it, thanks!...but I think it was Blaine

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #100
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did the alignment today; it was at just over 1/4" toe in...I'm glad I checked it

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #101
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did the alignment today; it was at just over 1/4" toe in...I'm glad I checked it Sent by a messenger bird
are you running stock shocks with that budget boost?
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #102
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
are you running stock shocks with that budget boost?
Shh....yes, I am...with no bump stops, basically. It's not an ideal setup, but as a temporary solution it works.

I'm going to order some jounce cups & bumpers for the front when I put the jk springs/shocks in...it should be nice running properly setup springs/shocks/bump spots

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #103
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Shh....yes, I am...with no bump stops, basically. It's not an ideal setup, but as a temporary solution it works. I'm going to order some jounce cups & bumpers for the front when I put the jk springs/shocks in...it should be nice running properly setup springs/shocks/bump spots Sent by a messenger bird
Oh, I was wondering how it rides lol..... And does it flex at all offroad? Can you even take it offroad? I'm considering just getting a budget boost for now since I can't afford new shocks right now.
Unread 02-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #104
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh, I was wondering how it rides lol..... And does it flex at all offroad? Can you even take it offroad? I'm considering just getting a budget boost for now since I can't afford new shocks right now.
I haven't wheeled since adding the spacers, but I could a little if I was careful about not flexing too much. If you adjusted your bump stops, you could probably run that setup fairly well.

The ride isn't any noticeably worse, & I'm usual pretty observant of those little changes.

You should consider jk shocks with a BB.....or paired with jk springs. Supposedly they ride well & they're all.over the place for cheap or even free of your know the right ppl.

Right now I have 2 full sets of jk springs & shocks, & an additional set of jk rear springs...much of which I got for free.

I'm going to basically pick & choose from the pile of jk stuff & find what fits my jeep the best, then sell the other parts.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #105
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't wheeled since adding the spacers, but I could a little if I was careful about not flexing too much. If you adjusted your bump stops, you could probably run that setup fairly well. The ride isn't any noticeably worse, & I'm usual pretty observant of those little changes. You should consider jk shocks with a BB.....or paired with jk springs. Supposedly they ride well & they're all.over the place for cheap or even free of your know the right ppl. Right now I have 2 full sets of jk springs & shocks, & an additional set of jk rear springs...much of which I got for free. I'm going to basically pick & choose from the pile of jk stuff & find what fits my jeep the best, then sell the other parts. Sent by a messenger bird
Awesome! I wonder if the offroad shop or the jeep dealer might have some take offs lying around..... But cool, thanks for the info!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.