Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish.. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 157 Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Okay, I know exactly where. I've heard (pun intended) those sound pretty good Sent by a messenger bird
Haha, I was pleasantly surprised when I cranked it up for the first time, it's very nice for the price. Only potential problem is it's loud as crap, I like it but others might not.

Your seat turned out nice! Are they all original or did you get them reupholstered? The drivers seat is shot in my jeep, I need to get a cover or get it redone.


1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 157 Old 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post

Haha, I was pleasantly surprised when I cranked it up for the first time, it's very nice for the price. Only potential problem is it's loud as crap, I like it but others might not.

Your seat turned out nice! Are they all original or did you get them reupholstered? The drivers seat is shot in my jeep, I need to get a cover or get it redone.
Thanks,
The seats are stock. I plan on rebuilding the cushions though b/c right now I have my driver & passenger seat cushions swapped. Haha, so my side is great, but the passenger...not so much

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #93 of 157 Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Thanks, The seats are stock. I plan on rebuilding the cushions though b/c right now I have my driver & passenger seat cushions swapped. Haha, so my side is great, but the passenger...not so much Sent by a messenger bird
Haha thats brilliant! I'm gonna go to the pick and pull and get me a new cushion!

1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
post #94 of 157 Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
Haha thats brilliant! I'm gonna go to the pick and pull and get me a new cushion!
Haha, thanks...it works pretty well.


Side note, I just had a really big interview, job wise.

I think it went well, so hopefully it did b/c it's something very related to the off-road community & it's a marketing thing.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #95 of 157 Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
I'll get pics later, but I made a "shield" for my intake today.

Basically, I just blocked off 2 of the cowl vents to keep the filter dry....er

I also took some measurements & will likely order an aimsoil dry filter very soon. I was very very pleased with how well the last one performed.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #96 of 157 Old 02-10-2014, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Oh & haha, I have a "surprise" mod that should be coming up shortly.

...the reason I'll leave it a surprise will be evident when revealed

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #97 of 157 Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 AM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Oh & haha, I have a "surprise" mod that should be coming up shortly. ...the reason I'll leave it a surprise will be evident when revealed Sent by a messenger bird
cool. Look forward to it.

1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
post #98 of 157 Old 02-11-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
cool. Look forward to it.
Thanks! Me too

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #99 of 157 Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Picked up some aluminum today, to make alignments easier....measuring these will be much easier than measuring the tires. I think mrblaine posted the trick, or someone. Whoever posted it, thanks!...but I think it was Blaine



Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #100 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Did the alignment today; it was at just over 1/4" toe in...I'm glad I checked it




Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #101 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 03:22 PM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Did the alignment today; it was at just over 1/4" toe in...I'm glad I checked it Sent by a messenger bird
are you running stock shocks with that budget boost?

1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
post #102 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
are you running stock shocks with that budget boost?
Shh....yes, I am...with no bump stops, basically. It's not an ideal setup, but as a temporary solution it works.

I'm going to order some jounce cups & bumpers for the front when I put the jk springs/shocks in...it should be nice running properly setup springs/shocks/bump spots

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #103 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 05:37 PM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Shh....yes, I am...with no bump stops, basically. It's not an ideal setup, but as a temporary solution it works. I'm going to order some jounce cups & bumpers for the front when I put the jk springs/shocks in...it should be nice running properly setup springs/shocks/bump spots Sent by a messenger bird
Oh, I was wondering how it rides lol..... And does it flex at all offroad? Can you even take it offroad? I'm considering just getting a budget boost for now since I can't afford new shocks right now.

1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
post #104 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
Oh, I was wondering how it rides lol..... And does it flex at all offroad? Can you even take it offroad? I'm considering just getting a budget boost for now since I can't afford new shocks right now.
I haven't wheeled since adding the spacers, but I could a little if I was careful about not flexing too much. If you adjusted your bump stops, you could probably run that setup fairly well.

The ride isn't any noticeably worse, & I'm usual pretty observant of those little changes.

You should consider jk shocks with a BB.....or paired with jk springs. Supposedly they ride well & they're all.over the place for cheap or even free of your know the right ppl.

Right now I have 2 full sets of jk springs & shocks, & an additional set of jk rear springs...much of which I got for free.

I'm going to basically pick & choose from the pile of jk stuff & find what fits my jeep the best, then sell the other parts.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #105 of 157 Old 02-12-2014, 06:35 PM
AndyAllen
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Murphy
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
I haven't wheeled since adding the spacers, but I could a little if I was careful about not flexing too much. If you adjusted your bump stops, you could probably run that setup fairly well. The ride isn't any noticeably worse, & I'm usual pretty observant of those little changes. You should consider jk shocks with a BB.....or paired with jk springs. Supposedly they ride well & they're all.over the place for cheap or even free of your know the right ppl. Right now I have 2 full sets of jk springs & shocks, & an additional set of jk rear springs...much of which I got for free. I'm going to basically pick & choose from the pile of jk stuff & find what fits my jeep the best, then sell the other parts. Sent by a messenger bird
Awesome! I wonder if the offroad shop or the jeep dealer might have some take offs lying around..... But cool, thanks for the info!

1998 TJ Sahara, (Sold to Dad)
1995 YJ SE, (Finishing up the deal)
AndyAllen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome