Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish.. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish..

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #76
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ebay seems to have plenty 56 & 57 rears for cheap...if end up wanting those

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #77
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up some calipers tonight & borrowed some jack stands...I'll get on the brakes in the morning.

Haha did I mention it started raining right after I pulled over?...haha I got the top up quick though.
...oh & a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while saw me & stopped to see if she could help....so, that was nice

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:43 AM   #78
IceKnight
Ambitious but Rubbish

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work with cleaning up those body mounts. Must have been a pain welding in such a tight area. Those door panels are looking nice, I might have to give that a try when I'm finished everything else.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #79
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight View Post
Nice work with cleaning up those body mounts. Must have been a pain welding in such a tight area. Those door panels are looking nice, I might have to give that a try when I'm finished everything else.
Thanks, yeah the whole process with the body mounts was a PITA. I did the lower control arm mounts then too. There was a lot of cutting & grinding that weekend. Luckily the guy who did the welding didn't complain too much about helping me & the tight spaces he was welding in.

Today's update:

I got the new calipers in & the brakes bled & all seems to be good. The pads looked a little glazed (I think), & the rotors looked good; I caught the dragging/stuck caliper quick yesterday.

After we bled the brakes a.few times, I still thought the pedal might feel a little soft, but I went & got the pads hot on some test stops from 50mph & it seems to be stopping well. Next time it shouldn't take nearly as long, as today was my first time doing some of that brake work & bleeding the brakes & all....I went slow to figure out what I was doing/not screw things up.

...not the best pics & a little out of order, but you get the idea

I believe the calipers up front where the oem with 197k miles on em. That's why I was planning on changing them prior to yesterday anyways

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #80
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I found it easier...well I think it was easier, even though I haven't done it the other way, to bolt on the new caliper, then unbolt the brake line from the old & change it over...idk if that's the common practice way, but found it to be a good method.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #81
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Picked up some calipers tonight & borrowed some jack stands...I'll get on the brakes in the morning. Haha did I mention it started raining right after I pulled over?...haha I got the top up quick though. ...oh & a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while saw me & stopped to see if she could help....so, that was nice Sent by a messenger bird
Why does all of florida look the same?! I swear thats on the way to ft de soto.
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #82
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post

Why does all of florida look the same?! I swear thats on the way to ft de soto.
Haha, I know exactly which stretch of road you're referring to....yes it does look like that stretch of road actually....but I'm on the other coast right now.

The stretch of road you're referring to is on the road where/near all these are from:

...that's all I could upload tonight...haha I looked to see if I had any shots on the road you were talking about, but I guess they're on my computer. Needless to say, I know that area quite well.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #83
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, I know exactly which stretch of road you're referring to....yes it does look like that stretch of road actually....but I'm on the other coast right now. The stretch of road you're referring to is on the road where/near all these are from: ...that's all I could upload tonight...haha I looked to see if I had any shots on the road you were talking about, but I guess they're on my computer. Needless to say, I know that area quite well. Sent by a messenger bird
Oh man I know where every one of those was taken! I miss Florida now! I used to live on park street right next to the publix in the town home complex.

OT. love the hood louvres, and what, if any exhaust are you running?
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #84
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Oh man I know where every one of those was taken! I miss Florida now! I used to live on park street right next to the publix in the town home complex.

OT. love the hood louvres, and what, if any exhaust are you running?
Is that the publix off of Pasadena?...well I guess there's more than one off Pasadena...but I think I know where you're referring to.

I miss the area, but I'm also ready to move on from FL & onto my "career"...which hopefully gets going soon.

Thanks on the hood louvers, I really like them. They will need some paint soon, as they are starting to fade.

Exhaust wise, I'm running a banks manifold & banks cat-back; soon to be a new/used 2-piece oem manifold & the banks cat-back.

The sound of the banks is my personal favorite out of any TJ exhausts I've heard.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #85
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jk turn signals in:

...it was dark when I finished, more pics in the daylight

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #86
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I'm not sure if I posted this...but last year in winter break, I did the 15 to 19 gallon gas tank mod. Just dropped the tank,trimmed up the vent tube & pot egging back together.

That mod was so nice, I love not having go fill up so often. It makes long trips much better

Sent by a messenger bird
Clean build!
I'm curious, what kind of lift or ramps are you using in this picture?
It looks really high off the ground and easy to work on I want...
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #87
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is that the publix off of Pasadena?...well I guess there's more than one off Pasadena...but I think I know where you're referring to. I miss the area, but I'm also ready to move on from FL & onto my "career"...which hopefully gets going soon. Thanks on the hood louvers, I really like them. They will need some paint soon, as they are starting to fade. Exhaust wise, I'm running a banks manifold & banks cat-back; soon to be a new/used 2-piece oem manifold & the banks cat-back. The sound of the banks is my personal favorite out of any TJ exhausts I've heard. Sent by a messenger bird
It's right near tyrone square mall. Banks... Nice! I bet that sounds beautiful! I've got a thrush welded muffler and dump on mine, it's got a nice rumble to it.
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #88
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom View Post

Clean build!
I'm curious, what kind of lift or ramps are you using in this picture?
It looks really high off the ground and easy to work on I want...
The pic isn't loading on my phone, but I'll assume you're being sarcastic

The jeep was on the ground...I used a "sophisticated" system of a jack & bags of dirt to lower the tank.

Haha putting it back in, at one point consisted of me lifting it up & holding everything in place with my knees while sitting on the ground & getting nuts started on bolts....the light savvy skid paid for itself right there imo

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #89
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's right near tyrone square mall. Banks... Nice! I bet that sounds beautiful! I've got a thrush welded muffler and dump on mine, it's got a nice rumble to it.
Okay, I know exactly where.

I've heard (pun intended) those sound pretty good

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #90
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Little update, I added the jk turn signals & some new headlight bezels...

...& before you guys start ripping on me for these bezels, let me say...yes function is very, very important & cosmetic mods aren't as important, but certain cosmetic mods that aren't too expensive & do not impede function are something I will partake in.

...for those who saw them in the classifieds...no, I didn't pay $100 for them..that would've been to much

I threw a little wax on the grille/hood doors too....I still need to do a clay bar & wax, but a little wax was better than not

Oh & I took out my passenger seat for a cleaning. I used a not so high tech method of a scrub brush & dish soap....& a little purple power on the stains on the vinyl.

I wouldn't recommend the purple power...or I would, but it'd say use it carefully b/c it's rather strong....although I used a good bit on the vinyl & it was all good. Probably don't get it on the fabric.

I only planned on using the hose/brush/dish soap on the vinyl, but considering the seat got wet last week (top down over night, 0% chance of rain...but it poured), & I got it wet washing the vinyl...I figured scrubbing it with the brush & soap & blasting it with the hose wouldn't hurt.

It turned out very well imo & will do the driver seat shortly:

Sent by a messenger bird

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.