Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish.. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Graduated..now what? TJ W/a stroker build..ish..

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 01-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #61
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin pretty good so far.

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #62
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Lookin pretty good so far.
Thanks...waiting for the flares to dry now

Clear jk turn signals should be here this week.

It's too dark, I'll have to paint the bumpers & wire in the reverse lights tomorrow.

...I chopped the front bumper too

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #63
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Better pics tomorrow in the day light & after the bumpers are painted, rear flares & all back on

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #64
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

More pics later. I painted the flares with duplicolor bed armor yesterday, but they dried too light for my liking, so I added a semi gloss black on top of the bed armor.

I'm waiting to do the rear flares until I get more duplicolor bed liner to spray under the flares, like I did up front. & the rears will either get the bed armor & some semi gloss...or I'll get some monsta soon & redo all the flares in black monsta.

So, under the flares, & the front bumper got duplicolor bed liner, & the flares got duplicolor bed armor with semi gloss on top of that.

The rear bumper got semi gloss b/c I ran out of the duplicolor bed liner & Will just have to recoat it soon out wait & do the bumpers & all the flares in monsta.

Anyways, here's a pic...I think I actually like the look of flareless better, but I can't stand all the rain/mud/etc thrown inside/on the hood/on the windshield/EVERYWHERE

Edit: pics later...they are uploading slowly &.I need to finish some yard work

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #65
IceKnight

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Everything's looking great. Looking forward to more. Keep up the clean work.

I'm looking for bent, twisted, broken axle shafts inners and outers, output shafts, etc...Please let me know if you have anything.
IceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #66
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight View Post
Everything's looking great. Looking forward to more. Keep up the clean work.
Thanks!

...hopefully I can do the exhaust manifold this week or soon. I've been waiting to hear back from Banks.

More pics of the fender & the bumper choppage

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #67
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Idk if anybody has any tips on where to ground my reverse lights?

I got them wired in, but they weren't working, grounded on the inside of the bumper (even after sanding off some of the paint).

I know it's a ground issue. I got one light to light up bright by touching it to the body mount metal....& the other would only barely light up grounded to the bumper...but not at all on the body tub (inside tub)

If anyone has a tip, please let me know...I'll be able to play with em tomorrow.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #68
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Idk if anybody has any tips on where to ground my reverse lights?

I got them wired in, but they weren't working, grounded on the inside of the bumper (even after sanding off some of the paint).

I know it's a ground issue. I got one light to light up bright by touching it to the body mount metal....& the other would only barely light up grounded to the bumper...but not at all on the body tub (inside tub)

If anyone has a tip, please let me know...I'll be able to play with em tomorrow.

Sent by a messenger bird
Maybe the Frame or where the lights mount in the body? And are you in St Pete?
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #69
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post

Maybe the Frame or where the lights mount in the body? And are you in St Pete?
Yeah, in going to try a few places today & see what works.

I'm not in St. Pete anymore, went to school there & finished.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #70
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pics later. I wanted to get them done in time to go for a run tonight; I ended up just grounding them to the same bolts/position as the taillights

I still need to melt all the heat shrink & cover up the wiring so it looks nice...but I need a lighter...the kitchen one I was using is out of gas & it's a pain using matches like it's the 1800s or something

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #71
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the wiring finished up & wrapped in spaghetti.

I used butt/crimp connectors, then heat shrink, then put some silicone on the edges for extra protection, then electrical tape on that...

One led is out on the driver side light...I'll probably call qtec & see how hard the process is to swap it out

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #72
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't post any pics of the body mount(s) fix from a while back. The frame has been cleaned up since then.

I did 2 on one side & 1 on the other
Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #73
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't really get much time to work on anything jeep related today, but I did paint the door panels while I was doing some outside work.

I'm sticking to the SEM satin black...it holds up the best & I probably should've just done it all with SEM to start.

I'm trying a rustoleum matte clear coat. I'll have to see how I like it tomorrow in the daylight. I was considering using the SEM clear, but it's twice the cost of the rustoleum & it's more glossy...&I don't want the dash glossy.

So, if it does well, I'll use the rustoleum matte clear when the rest of the dash gets painted.

Here's a pic

I will say the rustoleum clear is very difficult to lay down smooth...when compared to any of the other paints I've used

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #74
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pics of the door panels:

I really like the finish of this clear coat; I'll probably use it on the rest of the dash when I change it to black.

Sent by a messenger bird
Unread 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #75
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well...I've been saying I need to replace my front calipers soon just because I didn't want one to lock up while driving..I said "I'm on borrowed time on them & I'm going to replace them on my terms"

Well ****....that didn't happen. The front passenger caliper stuck today on my drive home from the next part of my update.

I think I caught it fast enough not to have botched my pads & the rotor, but I'll see when I get into it.

Pics of all this in a little...but my next update is I bought some almost brand new Jk springs & shocks from the tech who does all the lifts at our local dealer.

I wanted either 17 or 18 fronts & 57 rears, but I ended up with 17 fronts & 59 rears.

If the 59s are too stiff...I'll figure something out or just ask the tech &/or a guy I know with a jeep shop to keep an eye out for some 57s.

I had also planned on Rubi shocks, but ended up with unlimited shocks...but.think it should ride about how I want it.

& anyone saying jk springs/shocks are a dumb idea...my stock tj stuff is worn out, I'm running shocks that are too short with a bb up front. If I can get rid of the bb up front, & get the rear about 1.5" higher & everything handling better...it's worth a try to me at $100.

I think the 59s may kick the rear up higher than I want or can do while keeping my dc ds at the proper angle....but we'll see.

Sent by a messenger bird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.