Current pics (I'll try to keep these up to date):
...I know my finger's in that pic..but I had to block the sun
EDIT: current list as of March, in hopes of completion by Jeep beach '14
No particular order...
1. Clutch/flywheel-Ordering Luk Gold soon
2. Deal with frame rust (inside frame)-have Eastwood internal frame coating
3. Rear TB bushings-have poly replacements
4. Rear Currie Lower CAs -just need one more jj & some hardware
5. De-rust everything-have paint & sanding stuff
6. Sliders/Rocker guards-need to decide &.purchase (Dictating funds)
7. Fix my botched dash color redo- have everything...just need to do it in.the right weather
8. Get the Beetle seat brackets made up & seats in
9. Clean clockspring & hope that fixes the horn
10. Normal maintenance (oil change, grease, tire rotation etc.)
11. Get the jk springs & shocks in, & bumps set all the way around-have everything but:
-jounce cups (front)
-jounce bumpers F & R
12. Fix soft top bow strap-need rivet gun or use self drilling screws
13. Paint rear flares-have paint & everything
14. Exhaust manifold-have everything, need to finish prepping new/used manifold
15. Aimsoil dry filter & outer wears prefilter
Hopeful list that'd be nice to get done...but less likely:
16. A to Z or KOZ front cage addition*
17. Steering box skid*
18. Engine skid*
19. Fix AIR CONDITIONING*
21. Full corners**
^^^ *is more likely...ish
**not as likely
I will try to get this in some type of order. I had a thread before, but deleted it...
I just graduated from college and want to document the Jeep's progress again.
First, I got the Jeep in high school...after a tree had fallen on it and the PO started to fix it...sort of. It had bits of a lift on it...
It had a 2.5L with 154k+ miles (poorly maintained) on it with a 30rh auto in it.
Long story short, after a few years of work + a long drawn out issue with a shop it got back on the road with a 4.6L and an ax15 with an 8.8 out back.
up to date..ish pics:
-4.6L/ax15/SYE/8.8 with lsd
-B&M short shifter
-Currie rear upper CAs
-LED Tail lights
-H4 headlights (bosch housings, silverstar bulbs, upgraded harness)
-back to all stock suspension
-JK seats (back to stock now)
-Trektop or rampage top-DONE...ish Rampage top bought & on....as of November '12, back to an Oem top.
-2.5"OME coils REVISION: maybe going with 1" H&R springs or Jk springs/shocks
-MC trackbar to replace the JKS-DONE & installed using bb spacers up front, axle is centered
-Currie rear lowers (have now, but need JJ ends for them)
-Replace Exhaust Manifold (purchased, need to install)
-Move intake to cowl (have most parts, need 98+cowl and scoop)-DONE
-Steering box skid
-4.56's W/Selectable Lockers F/R
My overall plan for my Jeep is 2.5" lift, 33x10.50's, tt, corner armor/rocker guards, locked with 4.56's...I want it to be conservative, but well built and think armored up and locked on 33's will suit me needs very well