The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #91
dino30
1999 WJ 

Subscribed ....... I will definitely be watching this build ..

dino30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #92
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

wellll, heres the update everyone always hates seeing. but at least i have some good excuses...

since the last update, we broke ground on a 60x60 shop for our every growing buisness, moved my GF friends MO to TX, bought a beater XJ for a 4th of July trip to Superlift, bought a 4x8 ez-router CNC plasma table...

we contracted the main structure but we have been doing all the finish work ourselves, and fixing contractor screw ups so almost all of our free time has gone to getting the shop ready to move in. Im hoping within the next month ill be able to start moving the MJ in.

on to the pics...

cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #93
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Unread 08-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #94
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

and the current sad state of the MJ...
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #95
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Shop looks awesome.
Holaday is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #96
cjlinn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Everything looks awesome.
Unread 04-22-2014, 03:38 AM   #97
WJDaddyTrick
2000 WJ 

How's the MJ truggy coming on ???
WJDaddyTrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #98
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

It's coming, I've got it moved into the new shop so hoping to have a big update in the next couple weeks!
Unread 04-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #99
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome!
TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #100
Jeepster83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like where this is going. . .
WyoTech West Sacramento - Graduated 8/19/2011

Back into my Jeep... finally.
Jeepster83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #101
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

So, its been a while... i have really gone back and forth about finishing this thing and just let it sit till i made a decision. Made the trek out to KOH this year with LilNickT and his XJ and had an absolute blast, and pretty well confirmed that i need to just finish the thing already. so its been about a month of consistent work so i figured id go ahead and get every one fired up again, bc im starting to get really excited with the direction this is going.

So to start, one of my hang ups was running the Dana 300, drivers drop, with the sm465. The reverse idler is on the driver side of the case so the case is a lock thicker on that side and given the amount of travel i wanted and the belly height i had to clock the 300 way down bc the 465 is so tall, this left me hardly any room for anything but a 1310, non CV.

The best solution for this would have been to run an atlas, which isnt in the budget, and neither was building the SBC i wanted so i parted out the beater XJ i bought and used the drivetrain for the MJ. I sold a bunch of parts to the guy that originally built that jeep and bought a 231 doubler with NWF triple sticks. more on that later.

On to current, first priority was get the wheels and tires assembled. Picked up a set of 39.5s while at KOH for another buddy, never thought id have 8 "40s" sitting in my shop...

Word of advise, if you plan to go TWF, just buy the stuff from TWF already built... I love building my own stuff, and got a smokin deal on my 12 bolt wheels, but it would have been worth spending the extra money to just have them build it... between dealing with the coating, stripped studs, bad orings, all the tedious welding, dealing with the coating!!! anyways...
this is after 20 minutes of sand blasting with black diamond medium grit abrasive

ended up calling TWF and they recommended just using a strip disc, which worked great!

Just primed for now, plan on doing a shake down run before i break everything down for paint...

new wheel centers, pressed, welded and primed

wheel assembled

next i got the axles moved out of the shed and cleaned up, a year of sitting had rusted most of the parts and the chickens had crapped all over em. The 60 had been completely stripped prior to my "hiatus" so i blasted all the parts, primed, painted and reassembled the outers and ground the tubes again

The 14 bolt never got fully stripping so out came the torch again and it got the same treatment
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #102
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

once the 14 bolt was stripped, it was time to install my TMR 15 bolt shave. this kit is awesome, and totally worth the work!

while i was ordering new orings and wheel studs of the H1s i ordered a 20" Trail Series from TWF for the front of the MJ. I was blown away by the light output of these light bars at KOH and had to have one!
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #103
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

and finally moving day! I was super stoked to get the MJ into the new shop, didnt even care that it was raining!

Got a set of FOA 2.5" remote res 16" travel coilovers
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #104
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

that brings me to about 2 weeks ago, still got a big update that most are prob gonna give me a hard time for but is really going to bring this build to the next level. ill get more updates tomorrow.
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #105
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

i couldnt help it so i mocked up the hood and wheel base

got our plasma table running again

I had started thinking about making up the crawl ratio i was going to lose going from the 465 to the aw4 so got a really good deal on a brand new box for rocks kit and NWF triple stick set up. First I had to switch inputs in my doubler, luckily i had a broken 231 from the donor XJ

I had purchased another 300 a while back with a DEO flip kit to solve part of my 465-300 problems. had to woller out 3 holes to get the 231 clocked how i wanted on the pass side so i could get the 300 to fit.

I under estimated how long this drive train is... spent too much time staring at the 350-465-300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.