The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #76
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

im not trying to come off harsh... Just getting tired of the roof issue coming up... I've got two other sites to deal with too... I'm not opposed to putting filler panels on it down the road, and have thought about a removable soft top... But I'm about just say screw it and deal with the rain, snow, mud and blistering Texas sun just out of spite bc I'm tired of hearing how I should've left the roof on lol!!! Now no need to go crawl off in a corner!

cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #77
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just to end the roof thing and move on. Sorry about bringing it up. Take a blue tarp and duct tape aka insta-roof!

What's the plan for a motor cradle? New box tube? Round tube? Stacked round tube like all the rock bouncers?

Is the radiator going out back or are you keeping at the front?

When you tube the back are you going to a bobbed flat bed type thing since it is a truck or bare essential tube just enough To mount coil overs?

I figure that's enough non roof questions to get it off people's minds!
TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #78
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Ive got plenty of tarps and duct tape!

Plan for the front tube work depends on the front susp... which is next on the list. the reason i build the engine stand was so i could move the drive train around to clear any susp depending on where my geometry wants to be. itll be some sort of tube structure. i have what i want it to look like in my head, we'll just have to see if the susp plays nicely with my design. should have more details on that this weekend. buddy is coming down to help and im going to try and get the front axle underneath it...

radiator is going in the back, one reason i wanted to keep the back of the cab in tact so i didnt have to build another fire wall. im narrowing the brill and mounting my winch behind it right above the front axle. most of the time till just serve suck down duties..

the plan for the back is to do tubes, following the two body lines, narrowed and bobbed, with a baja basket style "bed" above the sway bar and propane tanks... still kinda up in the air on the rear till i get the rear susp going. what i have in my head isnt full on tube buggy bare minimum but not full on flatbed either...
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #79
chriswj

Yea that was just a suggestion sorry to spark a feast
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #80
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Nick came down this weekend and helped out while we banged our heads against the floor... seems like everything we tried to do had clearance issues... but what ever, got a plan to move forward. Cut the firewall and cowl out and got the motor pushed back 6 inches. going to have an access panel in the cowl to remove the distributor. the 300 stock shifters interfered with the trans so i had to take it apart and going to have to move the shifters to the top of the case. i wanted to run lexan panels in the foot wells so we decided to cut the whole fire wall out and trim some more off the frame so i can run longer lowers. with the manual my foot pedals were going to be close with a 4 link and the boat sides so we decided to run a 3 link with pass side upper. got the rock jock set at full bump, which is 6"s of up travel, should be able to get away with a one piece drive shaft. also bought another set of air bumps. ordered my headers this morning so once they show up ill be able to get moving with the front geometry.

pics...

works better this way, ill be able to run some more structural tubing down to the frame and have a flat firewall without all the BS holes to fill. also plan is to build a removable dog house and trans tunnel so everything will be serviceable from above. bring on the hate...
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #81
chriswj

What did you say this vehicle started out as
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #82
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'm pretty sure it says an 88 MJ in the beginning of the thread, but I could be mistaken... I'll have to go dig up the title and check.
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #83
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Pretty sure it also says "MJ" in the title as well...:laughing:

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #84
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

That must be where I wrote it down! Thanks for finding that... Was really starting to get concerned I was going crazy! Haha
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #85
chriswj

Oh thats right i remember now MJ's are one of those truck lookin jeeps
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #86
konqrrr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates? Followed the Tj build and just gotta say glad your back. Love the builds.
konqrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #87
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

I wish I could say there was... I hate using this excuse but life is really getting in the way lately.

Only thing I've bought are new parts for the H1 wheels

Oh and then there is this...

Finally building our shop! 60x60, overhead Trolly hoist, and 2 post lift. Stuctural is going up next week!
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #88
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Weld up metal building? Are y'all building it or contractor?
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #89
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Free span, all welded connections. Having a contactor do the first 60, too busy with work and need it too bad to jack with building it ourselves. In the next year or two we plan on adding anothe 60' to it, we will prob build that.
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #90
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

In the future let me know what you need. The family business is engineered steel building manufacturing and components. We do complete steel buildings and components for weld ups. Everything is fabbed or formed in house.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.