The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The "Get Me By" MJ Truggy

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build! I like the redneck toy hauler too. I cant get your link to work for the TJ build though

Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #47
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Weird. The link is in my sig too, but here is te direct link.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...e-fund-878243/
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #48
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So you done anything in a while? How much fun was it cleaning those axle housings off?
TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #49
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

hell no... ive been working 12 plus hour days since the beginning of january... luckily have a lot of cash stacked up so as soon as i have enough time to go get material from fort worth ill get some work done.
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #50
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Another small update, i swear im gonna get some decent progress done one of these days, at least this post will have a little tech in it...

but first, got the camper set up and took it to SMORR Froze Over. all i can say is WAY better than tent camping, especially in the bitter cold

This is the trailer i started with

Finished up about 2 am the morning i was supposed to leave.

The outside is a little rough but the inside is in really good shape for 1971... Stove, over, fridge and heater all work!

Just the right size for a jeep on the back (lilnickt's xj)

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #51
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Some wheelin pics
Nick

Matt

Me and the GF in my buddies "Spareokee", XJ we built one weekend out of spare parts for an extra rig while he puts tons under his TJ

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #52
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

and back to the MJ

Picked up some LED fog lights, 20 bucks, dont know where im gonna use em yet, but oh well... maxxima 6.5x4s

got some more plate for the frame, 90 ft of DOM to start the cage, 2x6 box and 1.5 spare for the boatsides

so the side stiffeners are a little more difficult to make templates for, obviously you can trace out the lines on cardboard, so i drew lines on the frame every two inches and measured the cross section

then i transferred that to the cardboard

cut it out and trimmed a couple small spots

the best part is this template works for the inner and outer frame rails, so i traced it on the steel and cut it out, cleaned em up and tacked em on

Got some friends from back home coming down at the end of the month to help rebuild the motor and get it set in place so should be quite a bit going on from now till then... as long as work cooperates...
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #53
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I could have made Froze Over, looks like it was a good weekend.
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #54
BryGuy
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like your idea for for measuring the frame to create the templates. I'll be using that idea soon for my MJ.
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #55
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

sooooo, as if i wasnt busy enough with work got some upgrades to do to another jeep has put the halt on the MJ... but that just means more money for the build right!?

Doing a rear 4 link/ coil conversion with a mixture of ruff stuff and artec parts (normally i build my own brackets but in the interest of time we decided it was best to buy some) i will say im extremely impressed with the artec 4 link brackets we got, shipping was super fast too. and as always, you cant go wrong with ruff stuff.

cutting off the frame behind the rear seat and redoing some of the cage work, also going to add a fuel cell. and stepping up to 36s

Got some friends coming down on thursday for MO to help on the MJ so i sould have a decent update on it next week.
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #56
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

More parts! got an MSD pro billet distributor and MSD-6 off off road ignition with a blaster high vibration coil from intensebik on pirate and got an MSD off road rev limiter from a guy here in dallas on CL. everything brand new in box!:smokin:
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #57
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

got the bottom and inner frame plates welded out tonight. im going to go ahead and cut the frame off at the fire wall so i set the jeep back down and put it at ride height so i could make a straight cut and then build my last small inner stiffener piece.

and since i was wrapping up for the night i figured id throw the tires up and see what it would look like. Pic is at 110" WB with 20" belly on 39.5 TSLs. Thinking maybe another 2 inches in the front would look about perfect. Thoughts?

Unread 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #58
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely, two more inches of wheelbase in the front would look better with a better approach as well. Will the tires run into your front bumper easier if you pushed them forward more, maybe. It will be worth it and should be easy to overcome, though.

While we are on the subject of wheelbase, I think another two to five inches in the rear wouldn't hurt. It could just be the angle of the picture, but I think it might help proportion-wise. Can you take a pic of this wheelbase and post up, ~115"?
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #59
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

dont have one of the rear pushed back, but this is 115 with 5 more in the front... the whole front frame is coming off at the fire wall and the grill is getting narrowed so tire clearance isnt an issue. 115 im thinking will be too long for the trails we ride. some times stock wheel base XJs have trouble making some turns in one shot...

Im thinking its the picture angle and bad lighting. i cant get far enough away in my shed to get a straight side shot. but with how im planning on doing the rear tube work it should help the proportions as well.
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #60
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Ill let the pictures speak for themselves...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.