Garbageman's 79 CJ7 on Propane! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Garbageman's 79 CJ7 on Propane!

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
garbageman
1976 CJ7 

Garbageman's 79 CJ7 on Propane!

Back again with another build. After laying low working on some other projects, I had a 99% stock unmolested CJ7 follow me home. Specs are 258/TH400/Quad w/ Lo-Range 30 Front/20 Rear.

Like I said, it looked promising but I soon realized the tub was merely paint and Bondo. The metal was long gone and there were sheets of just Bondo making up the sides. Mounts are gone and severe rear frame rot.

So moving forward, this is gonna be a stock vintage looking jeep build up. I'm going to fab up a new frame for the rear from the bend near the trans skid back. Im dropping the fuel tank and adding a twin propane tank setup there with heavy duty skid. YJ tub swap and CJ front end.

The build starts here:

Frame Rot:

Steam cleaned to begin drive train tear down:

garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
garbageman
1976 CJ7 

Propane setup:

Still sorting out vendors and the little parts but spacing looks to allow up to 30 gallons of LPG storage. So a dual tank in lue of the gas tank, remote tank fill where the gas fill was and in dash tank fuel level gauge.

garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.