Fuzzbucket Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Fuzzbucket Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Somewhere along the way I let me talk myself into some Smittybuilt no-flare front fenders. I had a couple benjamins lying around and thought what the hell. So I ordered em up and when they arrived I started hacking on the TJ. No sooner than I had made the cuts I knew Smittys were a mistake. They just didn't smack of quality to me. I'd read some threads where folks were debating buying quality i.e. Rokmen, Currie etc. versus Chinese knockoff junk. But I had to learn the hard way, I'm funny like that. Anyway, I had already chopped up the passenger fender so I was kind of at a crossroads. I ended up selling the Smittys to a local guy for $200.00 and as previously mentioned I sold the AtoZ sliders for $190.00. So basically I had about four bills to throw at some new fenders. But before I get to that here's some crossroads pics of the hackjob on the passenger fender.

100_4275.jpg   100_4276.jpg  
Unread 11-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #17
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So while I was shopping for new replacement fenders I started thinking about how I would paint them and what color. I'm not a painter and can't afford to have my stuff painted. I do have a brother-in-law who is an accomplished painter who paints airplanes for a living and restores vehicles in his down time. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to hit him up for painting help due to the fact that he just bought a new house and had surgery on his sack twice!!!!!!! The second one was to remove a nut!!!!!! So needless to say I didn't have the balls to ask him for help (pun intended)

So I decided I would buy an inexpensive piece of something Jeep-related and experiment with colors. I ended up winning a newer Jeep cowl on ebay from alljeepparts for a penny plus $15.01 shipping. So for $15.02 I had a part to play with. Then I saw a Jeep on the forum that became my inspiration for paint, I believe it's Gecko5's rig(see first picture below). He spray-painted his rig green and the seed was firmly planted. So I headed off to Wallyworld and bought a few cans of Hosta Leaf green gloss. The first pic is my inspiration rig and the second one is the cowl painted green....a clue.
image-046-large-.jpg   100_4279.jpg  
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #18
DRogalOlBlue13
2002 WJ 

Nice Jeep, And AWESOME COLOR!. Keep pictures coming... I can't wait to see more.
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I decided to paint the whole Jeep Krylon green. I also ordered Metalcloak Overlines, Rokmen Mercenary sliders and Rokmen aluminum full corners, JK turn signals, Warn M8000 winch and a UCF oil pan/tranny skid. Here's a few pics of the front fender tear-down and paint going on. You can also see the winch installed, the grill inserts painted up and popped in and where I started drilling for the JK signals.
100_4283.jpg   100_4284.jpg   100_4285.jpg  
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Couple more paint-in-progress pics:100_4327.jpg
100_4337.jpg  
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #21
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

don't stop now! I like the direction you are taking your Jeep. I'll be watching.

Where in North Texas are you?
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Man!!!
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
don't stop now! I like the direction you are taking your Jeep. I'll be watching.

Where in North Texas are you?
Wichita Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard15 View Post
Nice Man!!!
Thanx......more to come
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #24
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Twisted aluminum and steel sex appeal!
0902000921.jpg  
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
Full_Rut95
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like that color and the Jeep you got your inspiration from is pretty bad *** too!
Full_Rut95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

nice looking build. i'd love to be able to spend time building vehicles instead of doing hours upon weeks of rust repair.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
Darkmoon

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build and I like the color, are you sanding between coats or just laying it down as is. It is looking good. Can't wait to see more!

1999 TJ "Diablo Rojo"

RC 4" Suspension Lift, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, G2 Rear Dana 44 with4.88 gears and Auburn ECTED Max Locker and Disc Brake Conversion, Front Auburn ECTED MAX Locker, MORE 1" Motor Mount Lift, Off Road Only U-Turn Crossover Steering, Pro Comp Front Track Bar, Terraflex Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms, Blumenthals Custom Rear Driveshaft, JKS Extended Brake Lines, JKS Bar Pin Eliminator - Front & Rear, JKS Shock Conversion, MORE Steering Brace, TeraFlex Sway Bar System, ARB Snorkel, Purple Cranium Differential Spyder Skid, 35x12.50x15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2's on 15 X 8 Black Pro Comp Street Beads Wheels, Rancho Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, Smittybilt Front & Rear Bumpers, Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp Winch, Skid Row Offroad Radiator Guard, Skid Row Lower Control Arm Skids, Warn Steering Box Skid, Poison Spyder Custom Crusher Corners, Front Fenders & Ricochet Rockers,12 Volt Guy Incab Winch Control, and much more...
Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #28
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool. I'm pumped to see the finished product.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #29
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmoon View Post
Nice build and I like the color, are you sanding between coats or just laying it down as is. It is looking good. Can't wait to see more!
Yeah, I sanded between coats but I'm no paint expert so I probably did it all wrong. The hood ended up getting seven coats. I would lay down a couple of coats, then hit it with some 1000 grit to knock off any specks of dirt. Then after the sixth coat I wet-sanded the hood (again with 1000 grit) and got it smooth as a baby's butt. Then I laid down the 7th and final coat and called it good. Basically, I just kept laying down coats and doing a little detail sanding between coats until I was happy with the finish. My goal was to get a nice even sheen with no tell-tale signs of rattlecan streaking. The hood cost me $21.00 to paint
Unread 11-14-2010, 02:18 AM   #30
Jeiip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, great job with the rattlecan! I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Jeiip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hotrod black , klan of krylon , spray master blaster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.