Fresh from Maaco ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Fresh from Maaco !

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
DeezUU

Fresh from Maaco !

Just got it back from gettin a budget spray down from the masters of dusty paint ! They actually did a great job minus some overspray on the windshield .

DeezUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Ex CCS Racer
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. I'm thinking of getting my sprayed a different color. Luckily my dealership has a bodyshop but they still want an arm and a leg. My paint's actually in really good shape 'cept for some trail pin striping. Maybe some buffing and some wax until I actually decide if I want it khaki colored or not. Btw, whaddya pay?
Unread 04-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #3
Jeeper4life

nice rig and paint, can i ask how much you payed for the spray?
Jeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:48 AM   #4
390fastback
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had Macco spray an old car of mine a while ago. I did the body work and they sprayed it, actually did a real nice job on the paint. Had typical overspray in areas, but no dust or runs.
68 Wildcat (also in progress)
68 International 1200 4x4
78 F150 4x4 400 4spd
390fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
DeezUU

for the urathane paint ( which I would recommend ) it was $490 . that was a single stage with a built in clear . it wouldn't make a difference with white paint , but with a darker color I would get a seperate clear . then I had 2 huge dent in the hood pulled out and some small fender dings straightened . total was $750 . I coulda done it myself ( had a friend who would spray for me ) but the paint itself was over $500 ! Flames came in today so I'll snap off a few more pics when I'm done with that .
Unread 04-19-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
DeezUU

LOVE IT !! Now I can pick mine out in a parking lot

Unread 04-19-2004, 06:12 PM   #7
slimP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That looks good... I like the blue and white together. I like that you didn't go to big with the flames.
--==(Blue Jeep Club Member #11)==--
--==(Pride, Heritage, Tradition - The American Legend - JEEP)==--
slimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
CuzzinOlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezUU
Just got it back from gettin a budget spray down from the masters of dusty paint ! They actually did a great job minus some overspray on the windshield .
I had mine with the same paint job at Maaco last year and it came out great. The only thing I would say to do is remove anything that can come off with a bolt or screw. The tape everything and you get a much better job if they don't have to tape. I had a whole new hood put on and all the rust around my windshield fixed along with some dents pulled here and there and it came out to $950.

Get the urathane paint for sure. This one and the clear coat paint are the only two Maaco offers that can be buffed. The rest are only able to be hand waxed. Mine is a darker color and it still came out good.

Clearcoat is always better but if you are going to take care of it yet wheel it why spend the extra money. The urathane comes with a 4 year warranty.
[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #27[/COLOR][/B]

[URL=http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/459000-459999/459189_5_full.jpg]MIGHT BE FS in NJ: 91 YJ 4.0 L w/5 Spd w/31x12.5 XTerrains on Canyons w/ 6" BW Flares [/URL]
[URL=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/459000-459999/459189_21_full.jpg]YJ and WJ (before totalled) [/URL]

[B]Huge mud holes are like hot chicks with an STD. You want to hit them hard and fast but you’re afraid of the consequences[/B]
CuzzinOlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2004, 07:50 AM   #9
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezUU
LOVE IT !! Now I can pick mine out in a parking lot

Why did they paint the vent and the windshield sprayers?
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #10
DeezUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHavok797
Why did they paint the vent and the windshield sprayers?
didn't you see the topic ?? It does say Maaco ! Acctually , I tried to remove EVERYTHING that wasn't goint to get painted and told them that when I dropped it of , but some things didn't want to come off . I took a look at how nasty the plastic was on the sprayers and said 'PAINT EM !' . As for the vent .... mine came white .
Unread 04-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #11
hockeynhoots10

man where did u get those flames, i think there awesome and wanna see what else they have. maybe i could pick some up for mine.
thanks
kevin
hockeynhoots10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.