freedomtankers Daily Driven Monster TJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > freedomtankers Daily Driven Monster TJ Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
freedomtanker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

freedomtankers Daily Driven Monster TJ Build

Ok so i finally can have the jeep off the road for enough time to do what ive always wanted to do with it, build a daily driven monster that i can go wherever and whenever i want, weather it be a noreaster out or a muddy summertime day.

heres what i have so far:
97 wrangler sport 5spd white
front weak a** D30 with an ARB air locker
rear equally weak D35 with ARB air locker
4"skyjacker lift
33x12.5 BFG MTs
front and rear recovery bumpers
12000 pound winch
a basically open exhaust
smittybuilt front tube fenders

so as you can see im starting with a pretty good base for a project to build from.

here are some pics so far of what it kind of looks like now http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/freedomtanker/

ok, so now onto what i want to change or get done

GM 6.0 Vortech engine swap
NV4500 Transmission
Atlas II transfer case
front D44 with ARB air locker
rear Ford 8.8 with ARB air locker
35" tires
1" BL (not to fond of but need to fit NV4500, or so ive heard)
all the little shafts and accessories that come with those major upgrades

thats all i want to do for now, im SURE there will be other things added as i go along. as we all know the modifications NEVER stop.

if you all would please give me some feedback on this project, like dos and donts.

Oh and BTW all the parts that will be coming out will be for sale eventually so if you want dibs let me know and we can work something out, plus it will give me a kick in the *** to get out there and start taking everything apart.

freedomtanker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.