Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

First Jeep xj build

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Dylan241 
#1 ·
Hey guys so a few months ago me and my dad traded a tile job for a 1996 jeep cherokee. You after my twin brother bought a big ol suburban i fell in love with offroading and decided i needed a four wheel drive because my little chevy blazer wasnt going to cut it. So i got the cherokee that has been sitting next door since i was 4. So i got my Cherokee and after joining JF started to slowly build it up and show you guys how its comin along.

As soon as i get home i'll post some pictures

#8 ·
over spring break got some springs off a wrecked cherokee that were taller and stiffer. and they did....almost nothing. :brickwall oh well. i also got some new shocks that are stock height so i think i'll just try to sell my old springs and the new shocks and see if i can get some goodies for the xj.

Oh also i forgot to put this in, awhile back a bought some wheels and tires for her but one of the wheels is bent so i need to get another one before i can put them on. ill get some pictures of them soon as i can.

#9 ·
ok guys sorry for how long its been since i've updated yall it has been the craziest summer ever so i havent been able to do much on the computer. So anyways ill update you guys with what has happened in the last few months.

well first things first right after i graduated i got the parts to finish my three inch lift with some 3" rusty's springs
(which i paint blue)

Then a few days later my shipment from Rough Country came in so i got to throw on some awesome Hydro 8000
shocks:)

Then right when things were starting to get fun SNAP!!! there goes the rear drive shaft

on the trailer taken her home:(

I ended up having a huge fiasco getting that stupid thing fixed but finally i did replace it with a longer and stronger driveshaft.

Now it was the time of year where we get over 100 degrees here, time to go doorless:)

that lasted a few weeks then i got rear ended hard while having to stop suddenly for some hobos using a busy
street as a cross walk. Didn't get any pictures of the damage (hardly did anything anyways) but decided to put
my doors back on after that.

Taking some pictures with my twin brothers rig atop a mountain we climbed:)

then finally i saved up some money and bought what i have been wanting for awhile:)

Cragar soft 8's on 31" BFG AT's :)

posing with some toys

well as of now thats how she sits. now that life is calming down a bit hopefully i can keep you guys up to date more often!!

#10 ·
Wow i suck at updating but here are so pictures of how she is lookin now:)

Since the last update I bolted on a 102" cb antenna, trimmed my fenders, as well as getting some new rubber up front.
plus the cooling bit is my new winch bumper from JCR offroad (winch still in progress)

And my favorite picture of all time:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.