First Jeep 2006 Rubi LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > First Jeep 2006 Rubi LJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
JohnTN
2006 LJ Wrangler 

First Jeep 2006 Rubi LJ

Hey gang, new forum member and proud owner of my first Jeep. I've been driving 4wd pick up trucks for decades, but this is my first Jeep experience.

Its a 2006 Rubi LJ 6spd with 19,000 miles. Its been wheeled a bit and was in a light rollover which shattered the hard top and bent the windshield frame and broke the glass. The guy I bought it from took it on as a project and replaced the windshield and a few other minor items. He needed to get his money out of it and I bought it from him for $12,500.

The only downside is that even though the damage is only superficial, the repair estimate was high enough that it totaled and now has a salvage title. As far as I can tell, its mechanically and structurally perfect.

I've had a paintless dent repair guy work out a few minor dents and I'm planning to Line-X the tub and the exterior, except for the hood and doors. I've got the rear seat and carpet removed in preparation for this.

The orginal owner had done quite a bit already:

4" Pro Comp Lift
33" M/T Tires & M/T Aluminum Wheels
Warn 8000 lb winch
Front & Rear bumpers
Volant Cold Air Intake
Borla Exhaust System

I'm not sure, but I think it may have been re-geared as well. Even with the 33s, it doesn't bog even going up hill in 6th. The way it accelerates through the gears is phenomenal. There is no hint of death wobble and no driveline vibrations. This thing is a BLAST to drive.

I'm pretty happy with it just as it is. Other than cleaning it up, changing all the fluids, doing the Line-X and ditching the chrome tube step in favor of some AtoZ sliders, I think I'll be set for a while.

I do have some angry sparrows that have taken up residence though. I pulled the front drive shaft out and the sparrows flew. I dropped the shaft by the drive shaft shop this morning to get all the joints replaced.

Here's a few pics - let me know what you guys think!

John

DSC01548

DSC01555

DSC01544

DSC01561

JohnTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
YJteen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking jeep but is 12,500 a good price with a salvage title??
You should be fine with the axle setup, just as long as you don't beat on it as hard as you would looking at a Playboy magazine, the d30 and d35 should hold up.
YJteen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
JohnTN
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Probably not! lol....but my alternative is buying one of the same age and mileage with a clean title for 19K...and then by the time I add a few goodies, I'd be well into the 20's.
JohnTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I like it. Where are the wheeling pics?
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
MisterO

Really Nice LJ!!

Welcome to the forum!
Still wish I had a Rubi LJ lol one of my dreams...
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.