Finally! - 2000 TJ Slow Build... (very slow...) - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Finally! - 2000 TJ Slow Build... (very slow...)

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 09-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #106
Stang5lgt
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yummy^^^^^

Unread 09-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #107
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang5lgt View Post
Yummy^^^^^
haha, you would Josh.

Moar pictures!

Took this one 2 years ago in the same spot...

Certainly has morphed a lot since then lol

Was visiting family. Decided to throw it up next to my dad's stocker Liberty for a size comparison. It's actually not all that taller, which I quite like....

Oh and Josh, I got a wild hair up my ***. I can get a Currie Rock Jock 60 for the rear end brand new with an OX locker, chromoly 35 spline shafts and disc brakes for 3600.... or I can beef the **** out of my current D44, do a drum to disc conversion, buy an OX for it, blahblahblah for about the same price, and still have an inferior axle that would actually sit lower to the ground than the Rock Jock 60.... for the same price.... and all I'd have to do with the 60 is swap it under. Opinions?

Same goes for my HP30. I think I've eliminated that idea completely, as to do what I'd wanna do to the HP30, I'd be in for about 3600.... or I can just get a new, built D44 with an ox and chromoly shafts for 2900$.... Seems sorta like a no brainer, eh?
SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Mooneyham
Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.
My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #108
Stang5lgt
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Your call buddy but you can always throw those 4.88s in for now until you are ready swap in the beef. Your stockers will be worth more with 4.88s in them then 3.73 gears. You would be surprised how well you stockers will hold up. As long as you are rocking 35s you will be fine with 30/44 combo.

Jeep looks awesome boss!
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #109
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

yea I know that and I most DEFINITELY intend on throwing those gears in for now, if nothing else to save me gas lmao. I just figure in the long run, instead of building it piece by piece, I can just fork over the same amount (actually slightly less) in one big ultimate chunk, and have far more beef, and additionally more clearance. But believe you me imma be driving to Colorado on 3.73 in the near future to visit an ole buddy of mine ahah
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.
Quote:
Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #110
USPcommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking Jeep
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #111
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how it's turning out. Long way to go still, but the grin on my face just keeps gettin bigger haha
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #112
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

jeep looks sick
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #113
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Love how she sits....very nice!!
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #114
JeepinJake75
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great!!! Its amazing how the 35's turn it to serious beast mode. Looking forward to watch what else you have planned. Can't wait to start on mine in the near future. Jake
JeepinJake75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #115
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

looks great! i had a 97 TJ and it was great. will be watching this!
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #116
Tannnner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Yea, it's a 7" Netbook. I can unplug it all in like 10 seconds to stow it in the console or take it with me. It's wired to a 500gb HD behind the dash and a 600watt 4ch amplifier, which in turn goes to all my speakers & sub. I decided to say to hell with a traditional headunit. I'm a computer geek, I needed something that suited my ways. On that note, I can replace the laptop with anything that accepts a 3.5mm jack, so iPod, PSP, Mobile Phone etcetcetc. It works well for me.

Couple images to better understand... (note the brown JeepForum icon I made for my dock... yea... I'm an addict lol)

And the amplifier under the rear seat, prior to drilling and mounting it (looks messy)
How do you get it from sliding around when you turn
Tannnner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #117
Moosepisser
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I also have the XRC stinger and if u were wondering how much punishment it can take... couple of weeks ago i slid my jeep off of a 15 foot drop on a mountain and as i was flying through the air the stinger clipped a tree and tore a huge chunk out of it! Still looks perfect. Wish i could say the same for the rest of my tj lol.
Moosepisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #118
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannnner View Post
How do you get it from sliding around when you turn
The base of the battery sits in the crook of the dash almost perfectly. Having said that, I no longer have that same setup. As of late I've just been using my phone snapped into a GPS holder on the windshield. Having said that, the power inverter and hard drive are still there in case I bring my laptop along or for any auxiliary things I decide to run off the inverter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosepisser View Post
I also have the XRC stinger and if u were wondering how much punishment it can take... couple of weeks ago i slid my jeep off of a 15 foot drop on a mountain and as i was flying through the air the stinger clipped a tree and tore a huge chunk out of it! Still looks perfect. Wish i could say the same for the rest of my tj lol.
Same boat

Activists would hate on me like crazy if they knew I took out a small oak tree...

My future plans, if not already stated include a D44 for the front, Rock Jock 60 in the rear. UCF 6061 armor coating the underside, though I think I'll do the Savvy tank skid. PSC cage and Smittybilt X2O 10k comp. winch. Also looking into a viar setup and possibly a second battery to run all my auxiliary crapola el grande.
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #119
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My new bling arrived.... Who Dat!? Also got rid of my old Rockford 10" sub and installed a 10" bazooka tube. Thing hits like Mike Tyson (sans biting of course.)

Will up a picture of that tomorrow.
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #120
kennyboobear
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

So....

led to...

made out of...

which looks like..... *insert picture here once I take it in the daylight tomorrow*

Also dropped some new brake pads in the front and WOAH! I can actually stop now without engine braking, something I'm not accustomed to.

That and I finally have the 4.88s installed.... bout damn time.
Get Savvy.

SFF Customs

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.